It's never explained, however, why John Malkovich is greeting him in heaven. Unless it's not supposed to be Malkovich and is just a character he's playing. [via Adfreak]
Tonight we learn who's taking the last five spots in the finals. Nick also reminded us that the next show will air Monday, Sept. 14, and that there's no judge's pick tonight. The five who go through will be the five that America voted for. As it should be, in my view.
After a brief recap of last night's show, Nick asked Piers why he X'd the acts he did. Piers said it's a simple formula -- a game of the good and the not-so-good. Sharon gave another shout out to Barbara Padilla, whom she absolutely loves. Hoff said, "I'm Hoff crazy!" He also reminded us that they've seen a hundred thousand acts and it's getting down to the wire.
It wasn't much of a surprise when Nick announced at the beginning of this week's performance show that there would be no judges' pick. It wouldn't make sense to have a Top 9, eh? I'm happy that more acts -- aka the same number as last year -- will get to perform in the finals. But what I'm happier for is that America will pick the final five acts to enter the next round. No judges' pick. The results will be solely based on the number of votes.
How did the ten remaining acts perform this week? Which acts should move on? My two cents, Piers' many Xs, and your comments coming up!
Nick is right. Last night was electrifying, even if a few acts got X'd. It was one of the best show's we've had so far this season.
As I noted in my review of the performance episode, I expected Jeffrey Ou to lose some votes because viewers weren't able to hear him play the piano in the second part of his acts. But a few of our site visitors said they voted for him because he wasn't given a fair chance.
Will Jeffrey get another chance by moving on to the Top 20? Results coming up!
Back in August I posted a clip of Brendon Small, creator of Home Movies and Metalocalypse, performing a stand-up routine as a mumbling character called Captain Mustache. Home Movies ranks as one of my favorite shows of all time, and Metalocalypse holds a special place in my dark, twisted heart for its over-the-top depiction of the raw brutality of heavy metal. Small has a knack for divining humor out of what seems like thin air, and I'm both entertained and made insanely jealous by his talent. The same YouTube user who posted the original Captain Mustache video has posted another one, and you can watch it after the jump. This time the Captain even sings and plays the piano, giving a whole new dimension to Toto's "Africa" that just might make you weep at its brilliance.
Video is after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Death Comes to Pemberley' trailer: 'Pride and Prejudice' and murder
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2 promos: Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore have dark times ahead
- 'Arrow' midseason finale photos: Do Oliver and Roy die in 'Three Ghosts'?
- 'Outlander' adds Simon Callow; Regina King joins 'The Strain' at FX
- 'SNL': One Direction makes Paul Rudd faint in new promos - Watch
- More From Zap2it
- Scandal Exclusive: The Closer's Jon Tenney Joins Season 3 Cast as Love Interest for [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Regina King Joins The Strain, New Terminator Series In Development and More
- Did Blacklist's Wig Wow You? Glee's Best Jesus? Dead Cameo? WTF, GH Wedding?! And More Qs
- Scoop: Scandal Season 3 Episode Order Trimmed in Wake of Kerry Washington's Pregnancy News
- Bates Motel Exclusive: Haunting New Season 2 Promos Point to Fresh Blood (and Taxidermy!)
- More From TVLine