Despite saying that he virtually jumped from television series 'Remington Steele' to Bond -- when apparently Geoff fell in love with him -- it was an eight-year gap during which he starred in several films.
But it always comes back to Bond. Craig Ferguson noted that current Bond Daniel Craig has no body hair, and wondered how that works for the secret agent. "I don't know where you keep your secret documents and stuff if you don't have at least some hair," he said. "Sean Connery was covered in hair."
The first few weeks of December are jam-packed with finales, specials and mid-season cliffhangers, and there's even a bow-tie clad treat on Christmas Day. In an effort to help you keep track of what's to come and shine a light on some hidden gems, I've come up with a list of notable December TV events.
So grab your eggnog and peruse the following roster, which features appearances from Dominic West, James McAvoy, Emily Watson, Dustin Hoffman, Anna Friel, Pierce Brosnan as well as the 'Sons of Anarchy' crew, the former Saul Tigh and the 'Revenge' divas. It's quite an array of stocking stuffers, no?
In 'Bag of Bones,' Pierce Brosnan plays novelist and recent widower Mike Noonan. Annabeth Gish plays his deceased wife, Jo.
Inspired by a dream, Brosnan's character goes to the couple's lakeside property in Maine and becomes involved in a custody battle.
Check out the first footage below!
Brosnan will play novelist Mike Noonan, a man torn up with grief over the sudden death of his wife, Jo. Inspired by a dream, the character goes to the couple's lakeside property in Maine and becomes involved in a custody battle.
Joining Brosnan is 'X-Files' veteran Annabeth Gish, who will play Jo.
Pierce Brosnan is developing a new series with Sony Pictures TV about "an international operative and problem solver for hire," according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sound a little similar to the former thief-turned-private detective?
Though the former James Bond will most likely not play the main character, he will appear in the show. This would be Brosnan's first regular TV role since 'Remington Steele,' which ran from 1982 to 1987.
In other TV news ...
• The Hollywood Foreign Press Association sued Dick Clark Productions yesterday for breach of contract. The companies have staged the Golden Globes together for more than 20 years, but the HFPA alleges Dick Clark Prods. signed a new broadcast deal with NBC without consulting them first. [Deadline]
• Three new Martha Stewart series will debut on the Hallmark Channel in January. 'Martha Bakes,' 'Martha Stewart Presents: The Men Who Make Us Laugh' and 'Petkeeping With Marc Morrone' will help the domestic guru to re-establish her brand after the network scaled down its Martha Stewart programming hours. [Reuters]
• 'Psych' is planning three different specially themed episodes
Margulies, who has already nabbed a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild award for her portrayal of Alicia Florrick on the CBS legal drama, claims tonight's episode (airing at 10PM) is the series' hottest one to date.
While promoting her new film, 'City Island,' in which she plays Joyce Rizzo, the crass wife of Vince (Andy Garcia), Margulies saved time to talk about 'The Good Wife,' her career aspirations for her son and the secret to being a successful working mother.
Read the interview after the jump.
But, things took a decidedly awkward turn when Brosnan mentioned the film's director is none other than Roman Polanski, who was convicted of rape in 1977 and arrested by Swiss police last year because of his outstanding U.S. warrant.
Watch the video after the jump.
According to Brosnan, he was drinking in a pub in Dublin when an appreciative young fan shook his hand. After doing so, the man drew back his hand, stared at it, and said, "This is the closest I'll ever get to Halle Berry's ass."
Watch the video after the jump.
This version is going to be a new take on the old story of a man who sets sail from England, his ship is wrecked in a storm and he's thrown overboard winding up alone on a deserted island where he has to fen for himself. In time, he is joined by an escaped slave whom he names Friday. Ben Silverman, NBC's head honcho, described the proposed series in this way: "It's part MacGyver, part contemporary morality tale about race and personal discovery, part comedy and part Castaway meets Survivor." As envisioned, this Robinson Crusoe will need to be clever indeed. It's going to keep the time period 1650's, but when Crusoe finds Friday, he'll presumably be treating him as if it were today with regard to race relations.
Hmmm...a mystery over at TV Land.com.
In the video section, there is a listing for "Remington Steel clips." Now, besides the fact that they didn't spell Remington Steele correctly, I don't remember the show being on TV Land (or Nick at Nite for that matter). The show is not even listed on their show list. So I clicked on the link to see what clips of the show the site had and I found out that there are also clips for Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel! Is this a promotion for the DVDs you can buy (there are links to buy them) and nothing more, or is it a little preview of shows TV Land has added to the lineup.
But this would be a good show for the network to pick up (I'm talking about Remington Steele, not Lost in Space or The Time Tunnel). I remember a cable network (I think it was A&E) ran the show every afternoon a few years back, and I really got into the show again.
Israel's prime minister, Ariel Sharon, suffered a bad stroke and Pat Robertson decided to be a jerk about it, saying that Sharon had a stroke because he divided God's land. Real sympathetic, man. Jon, however, questioned Robertson's reasoning. Dividing God's land caused a stroke? Well, judging by just the pictures of Sharon, the cause seems more likely to be "fat, age, and stress... Unless God was personally force-feeding Sharon knishes".
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- More From BuddyTV
- 8 Christmas Cocktails That Are the Reason for the Season
- Khloe Kardashian Bashes Rumor She Booted Brother Rob Kardashian Out Of Her Home
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Estate Is on Sale for $18.5 Million
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name
- Harry Styles and Kristen Wiig Dance Party After 'SNL' Performances
- More From ET