The network just picked up 'Person of Interest,' a thriller from 'Lost' co-creator J.J. Abrams and Jonah Nolan. They also gave the green light to sitcom 'Two Broke Girls' starring Kat Dennings.
'Person of Interest' follows an ex-CIA agent "who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes" in New York City, says Entertainment Weekly.
'Lost' veteran Michael Emerson is set to star alongside Oscar nominee Taraji P. Henson. The show is Abrams' second pickup of the week, with Fox ordering a full season of his other in-development mystery series, 'Alcatraz.'
'Two Broke Girls' stars 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' actress Kat Dennings as one of the titular broke girls trying to live the dream in Brooklyn. The show is from 'Sex and the City' writer Michael Patrick King and comedian Whitney Cummings.
According to Deadline, The CW, which is a sister network to CBS, has picked up 'The Ringer' after CBS passed.
The series stars 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' veteran Gellar as a set of twins, Bridget and Siobhan, who grew apart after a tragedy and couldn't be more different. Bridget, who has had a troubled life, takes over her sisters identity when she goes on the run from the mob. It turns out Siobhan has died in an accident, but she also has a hit out on her.
Gellar is joined by 'Life Unexpected' star Kristoffer Polaha and 'Fantastic Four' actor Ioan Gruffudd.
The series was on track to join CBS's lineup of new fall shows, but in an unexpected twist has landed on The CW. Deadline attributes the move to new CW boss Mark Pedowitz.
Well, this was probably inevitable. With the success of A&E's Paranormal State hanging over the heads of the SciFi Channel, the network has given a thumbs-up to a new Ghost Hunters pilot that will join the original as well as Ghost Hunters International and Ghost Hunter Babies. All right, there is no such thing as Ghost Hunter Babies, but it would be a good idea. Think about it for a moment -- the babies would literally be peeing and pooping in their pants when they saw or felt something ghost-like rather than just saying that they did.
The new pilot is called Ghost Hunters: College Edition. In this edition the hunters would be, you guessed it, college students. Instead of teaming up and performing investigations on their own -- like they do on Paranormal State -- these students would team up with professional investigators to examine claims of paranormal events across the globe. In other words, look for some cross-overs between this show and its two older siblings.
I understand that Ghost Hunters is one of the SciFi Channel's hits, but isn't the network heading towards the point of saturation by adding a third series? With three series you begin to parse out smaller and smaller groups of viewers to each show, which brings down the popularity of the original. Something to think about, network executives, when you decide on giving a green light to Ghost Hunters: The Animated Series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3 finale - 'Development Arrested'
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- More From Zap2it
- Performer of the Week: Tatiana Maslany
- Mariska Hargitay Returning for Law & Order: SVU Season 15 After Closing New Deal
- LOL Video: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro Reunite for Fresh Prince Theme, Carlton's 'Unusual' Dance
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- More From TVLine