If you haven't yet tried Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream ice cream from Ben and Jerry's, you should. It is the most "just okay" ice cream you'll ever taste. Your tastebuds will be bombarded with a cavalcade of average, middle-of-the-road flavor.
Okay, so AmeriCone Dream never did much for me. I'm more of a Phish Food man, what can you do? However, on July 7, Colbert will be doing something Phish has never done: he'll throw the first pitch at a RiverDogs baseball game in Charleston, South Carolina (his hometown). He won't be throwing a ball, however, he'll be throwing a pint of AmeriCone Dream. I'd like to see the entire game played with a pint of ice cream, but that probably won't happen. Jerry Greenfield, the "Jerry" in "Ben and Jerry's" will catch the pint. Let's hope he does, because I'm pretty sure getting conked in the head by a pint of frozen ice cream is kind of painful, especially if one of those waffle cone shards get wedged in your eye.
In addition to tossing his ice cream, Colbert will also sit in on the radio broadcast during the game.
[via CC Insider]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 6: First look at Usher and Shakira's return to the big red chairs
- 'X Factor' finale: Alex and Sierra on their almost-proposal
- Michael Buble and Mariah Carey hit 'All I Want for Christmas is You' for holiday special
- 'The Voice': Jacquie Lee gets a Christina Aguilera parting gift
- Hillary Clinton is Barbara Walters' most fascinating person of 2013 and the past 20 years
- More From Zap2it
- The X Factor Season 3 Performance Finale Recap: Dream Until Your Dreams Come True [Updated]
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Suspended in Wake of Anti-Gay Tirade – Was It the Right Call?
- Snow Kidding: Super Bowl XLVIII Date Could Move in the Event of Extreme Weather
- Fall TV Ratings Champs: NFL, Voice and Spader Fuel NBC's Demo Win; CBS Draws Most Eyeballs
- Scoop: Marcia Cross Eyes TV Comeback as Fatrick's Mother in Fox Comedy Pilot
- More From TVLine