Decide for yourself. You can check out both videos after the jump.
Somebody has created a blog which points out examples in which Family Guy has stolen from other shows. The blog just went up recently, and I have to say I'm having trouble trying to figure out if he's serious about this or is just having a bit of fun with a show he doesn't like. I'd like to think it's the latter, because the examples he has given so far don't really stand up to scrutiny, at least not in my mind. Case in point: I'm fairly certain images of the Grim Reaper have been used in cartoons before, I don't think Family Guy stole it from South Park. Speaking as someone who enjoys the show but isn't blind to its flaws, I have to say there's a lot of examples this guy could have used that would have proved his point better.
However, maybe, just maybe, he actually does like Family Guy, and this blog is a way to satirize those people who nitpick at every detail of the show and call it a rip off, rather than accepting that Family Guy samples from the same pop culture grab bag as everyone else. I don't know, I'm still scratching my head.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' winner talks Season 4 victory
- Cher proves it's a 'Woman's World' with performance on 'The Voice' finale
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 20: Meet the contemporary dancers
- 'The Voice' Season 4 winner: Danielle Bradbery, Michelle Chamuel or The Swon Brothers - who won?
- 'America's Got Talent': American Military Spouses Choir ends night on high note
- More From Zap2it
- The Voice Season 4 Finale Recap: They're All Stars Tonight [Updated]
- The Voice: Season 4′s 25 Best Performances!
- It's Official: Anger Management's Selma Blair Abruptly Exits in Midst of Show's 90-Episode Run
- Liv Tyler Cast in HBO Drama Pilot The Leftovers
- General Hospital Puts Tyler Christopher on Contract — A Bad Sign for The Lying Game?
- More From TVLine