Decide for yourself. You can check out both videos after the jump.
Somebody has created a blog which points out examples in which Family Guy has stolen from other shows. The blog just went up recently, and I have to say I'm having trouble trying to figure out if he's serious about this or is just having a bit of fun with a show he doesn't like. I'd like to think it's the latter, because the examples he has given so far don't really stand up to scrutiny, at least not in my mind. Case in point: I'm fairly certain images of the Grim Reaper have been used in cartoons before, I don't think Family Guy stole it from South Park. Speaking as someone who enjoys the show but isn't blind to its flaws, I have to say there's a lot of examples this guy could have used that would have proved his point better.
However, maybe, just maybe, he actually does like Family Guy, and this blog is a way to satirize those people who nitpick at every detail of the show and call it a rip off, rather than accepting that Family Guy samples from the same pop culture grab bag as everyone else. I don't know, I'm still scratching my head.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Josh Groban on his Nerd Bond with Girlfriend Kat Dennings: We Talk About Monty Python
- Katy Perry Says She Hasn't Heard from Russell Brand Since He Texted About Divorcing
- 'New Girl' Star Max Greenfield is 'Checking in' to 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Stars Share Special Messages for Memorial Day
- Debby Ryan On Sexism in the Industry: 'I've Had a Hard Road'
- More From ET