Decide for yourself. You can check out both videos after the jump.
Somebody has created a blog which points out examples in which Family Guy has stolen from other shows. The blog just went up recently, and I have to say I'm having trouble trying to figure out if he's serious about this or is just having a bit of fun with a show he doesn't like. I'd like to think it's the latter, because the examples he has given so far don't really stand up to scrutiny, at least not in my mind. Case in point: I'm fairly certain images of the Grim Reaper have been used in cartoons before, I don't think Family Guy stole it from South Park. Speaking as someone who enjoys the show but isn't blind to its flaws, I have to say there's a lot of examples this guy could have used that would have proved his point better.
However, maybe, just maybe, he actually does like Family Guy, and this blog is a way to satirize those people who nitpick at every detail of the show and call it a rip off, rather than accepting that Family Guy samples from the same pop culture grab bag as everyone else. I don't know, I'm still scratching my head.
[via Cartoon Brew]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Brittany's Bad Day and Cody's Bad Decision
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- More From TVLine