A new column here at TV Squad, where we talk about all of the things you're missing when you hit fast forward on your DVRs.
I thought I'd kick off the very first Brought To You By...column by talking about yesterday's Super Bowl ads (apparently there was also a game of some sort played...). USA Today did their annual ranking of the best and worst of the ads, having a bunch of viewers watch the ads with meters and give an opinion on the good and the bad, and for some reason Bud got the top spot, the way they do every single year. It must be that the people who vote on these things like horses, wacky comedy, or they're all drunk (on Budweiser). The company got three of the top ten slots, and number one went to the spot where the dog trained the horse, accompanied by the Rocky theme. It's bad enough that Bud seems to win over viewers every year, but this dog/horse ad wasn't even the best of the Bud ads yesterday!
Anyway, I have my own thoughts on the best and worst, and I'll list them after the jump.
The song-- what is that song? "I love you baaaaby," was a perfect touch. That woman they found had some real sass too, flipping her hair and sashaying her hips. Even if she was hard to look at. It was a fun commercial-- even though watching it didn't really make me feel like eating cashews, or even really eating at all.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 2?
- 'Penny Dreadful': Which Characters Will Be Back for Season 3?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- 'The Bachelorette' Spoilers: Kaitlyn's Confession and the Big Showdown
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Season 4: Amazon, Netflix Don't Bite, But 'Possibilities' Remain
- Amanda Peterson Dead at 43, Starred on 1980s TV Drama Year in the Life
- Masters of Sex Adds Walking Dead's Emily Kinney in Spicy Season 3 Role
- TVLine Items: Days' Ava Returns, Jeremy Sisto Gets Wicked and More
- UnReal Renewed for Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Dave Grohl Performs With Broken Leg on 'Game of Thrones'-Style Seat
- Bill Cosby Admitted to Obtaining Quaaludes to Give to 'Young Women' in 2005
- Jerry Weintraub Dies: 'Ocean's 11' Producer, Frank Sinatra-Promoter Was 77
- This Is What the 'Harry Potter' Actress Who Played Padma Patil Looks Like Now!
- See Khloe Kardashian and James Harden Partying in Las Vegas Together
- More From ET