The conservative Polish government recently launched a probe to find out whether or not the children's show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual agenda. Much like the late Jerry Falwell, government appointee Ewa Sowinska is concerned that the show may have a negative effect on the children of Poland. Her concerns began when she "noticed (Tinky Winky) has a ladies purse, but (she) didn't realize he's a boy."
What is wrong with people that they don't yield people? It's a tool in the game to get ahead of the other teams. And then, teams that do get yielded are personally insulted!
This week, we saw a strong team break down, another strong team make a fatal mistake and a team that has been stumbling finally found its footing.
(S11E07/S11E08) It's a double-leg through Poland this week, but we guessed that last week when we learned that tonight's episode would be two hours long.
I was wondering how the producers were going to even out the race after the huge time discrepancy last week. The final teams arrived 16 hours after first place Mirna & Charla. It turns out that time discrepancy couldn't be made up and things just kept getting worse for the bottom two teams until the second leg when the teams came to an Intersection.
This week, the teams visited Warsaw, Auschwitz concentration camp, and Krakow, Poland. The trip to Auschwitz was incredibly depressing and I thought it was handled well enough by the producers. Obviously, it would've been in horrible taste to have them do any sort of challenge there.
For over thirty years, Dina Babbitt, once a teenage girl imprisoned in Auschwitz, has been trying to reclaim paintings she made while in the concentration camp. Josef Mengele, the infamous Nazi doctor, took a liking to Babbitt's artwork and asked her to paint portraits of the gypsies on which he was performing his horrific experiments. It was, in fact, these paintings that kept Babbitt alive. After the war, Babbitt came to California and worked as an animator for both Warner Bros. and Jay Ward Productions. When it was revealed that seven of her Auschwitz paintings were on display at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum in Poland, she tried to get them back, but the museum has consistently refused, claiming the paintings are not personal works of art, but rather documentation of the events that occurred at Auschwitz created under the orders of Dr. Mengele. The artistic community, including former DC Comics artist Joe Kubert, have rallied around Babbitt's cause, as have congresswoman Shelley Berkley, and a former director of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington. Efforts to help the 83 year old Babbitt reclaim her artwork were stepped up recently due to a heart condition that is threatening her health, though I would assume that if she were to pass away before the issue is resolved her family would continue the fight.
[via Toon Zone]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 11?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 3?
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.23 Photos: The Team Closes in on the Terrorist Group Recruiting Children
- 'Dance Moms' Finale Recap: Does the ALDC Win Their Last Hometown Competition?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: The Inhuman War Begins
- More From BuddyTV
- Originals Finale Sneak Peek: Davina Prepares the Spell to Resurrect Kol
- Disney Channel's Teen Beach 2, Time- Travel Sitcom Get Premiere Dates
- Revenge Series Finale Video: Amanda Guns Down Victoria in Final Face-Off
- Nashville's Charles Esten on the Line in Deacon's Cancer Arc That Nearly Did Him in (Hint: Rayna Said It)
- Arrow: 10 Things You Must Know About Tonight's Wedded Nightmare
- More From TVLine
- This Old Interview of Princess Diana Talking About Prince William Will Make Your Heart Burst
- Darren Criss Wants Fans to Look Beyond ‘Glee': Forget the Career I've Had
- Anna Kendrick Defends Men Who Like 'Pitch Perfect': 'I Didn't Think You Were a Pu--y'
- Does Madonna Have a Rat Problem?! See One Scurry in Her Home During Interview
- 'Arrow': 11 Things You Need to Know Before Season 3 Is Over!
- More From ET