Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
Our list of the best shows of the '70s features many of the best shows of all time (here's looking at you, 'Mary Tyler Moore Show,' 'M*A*S*H' and 'Taxi'). Take a gander and let us know if you agree.
Davis Shore, creator of the series House, is developing a still-unnamed procedural series for NBC about a female cop. Peter Blake, a writer for House, will executive produce the series with Shore. There's no real information on this series just yet, but apparently it will be a "light drama" according to Variety, with some humor. That kind of sounds like Monk, to me.
It'll be interesting to see if this new series gets picked up and if Shore can duplicate the success of House. I enjoyed the first couple seasons of House but eventually the thrill wore off for me, and I haven't even tuned in for the new season. Nothing against the show itself, but sometimes people grow apart. It's bittersweet, this carousel called love.
[via TV Filter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Hand of God: Is Amazon's Newest Drama Heaven or Hell?
- Gotham Deleted Scene: Gordon Gets a Peek at His and Harvey Dent's Future
- You're the Worst Boss on Jimmy and Gretchen's 'Dark' Turn, a 'Gross' Coupling & Sunday Funday Part Two
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- Mistresses Finale: EPs Talk Crazy Killer Reveal, Karen's Alternate Fate and (Fingers Crossed) Season 4 Plans
- More From TVLine