Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
Our list of the best shows of the '70s features many of the best shows of all time (here's looking at you, 'Mary Tyler Moore Show,' 'M*A*S*H' and 'Taxi'). Take a gander and let us know if you agree.
Davis Shore, creator of the series House, is developing a still-unnamed procedural series for NBC about a female cop. Peter Blake, a writer for House, will executive produce the series with Shore. There's no real information on this series just yet, but apparently it will be a "light drama" according to Variety, with some humor. That kind of sounds like Monk, to me.
It'll be interesting to see if this new series gets picked up and if Shore can duplicate the success of House. I enjoyed the first couple seasons of House but eventually the thrill wore off for me, and I haven't even tuned in for the new season. Nothing against the show itself, but sometimes people grow apart. It's bittersweet, this carousel called love.
[via TV Filter]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Searches for Tracy While The Ladies Get a Chance to Shine
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Drill's Secrets are Revealed
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Does Carly Steal Sutton's Thunder?
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- More From BuddyTV
- An Unrecognizable Kendall Jenner Steals the Chanel Show at Paris Fashion Week
- Comic-Con: 7 Film & TV Panels We're Excited About and Here's Why!
- Brody Jenner Reacts to Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick's 'Unfortunate' Breakup: He's Had 'Some Issues'
- Nicky Hilton Bares Her Butt In Serious Versace Wardrobe Malfunction
- Stephen Colbert's Temporary 'Late Show' Marquee Is One Big Pizza Promotion
- More From ET