"She did something to me once a long time ago that I've never told anyone before," said the host on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weeknights, 12AM ET on ABC). When she appeared on 'Win Ben Stein's Money', "I'm standing at the podium and she started squeezing my a-- during the show, repeatedly squeezing it. And I didn't know what to do. I turned bright red."
Lopez wasn't a fan of Ms. O'Donnell, calling her a "anti-masturbation witch." At this point, Maher raised his hand in the air -- and took the credit (or the blame) for Christine. "Well, I'm responsible for [her,]" he said. O'Donnell first gained national prominence on 'Politically Incorrect,' Maher's old show.
He also threatened to keep on predicting weird stories about Ms. O'Donnell -- unless she gave up and made an appearance on his show. (This, by the way, was a parody of host Bill Maher, who has said he will keep showing video clips of Christine until she returns to his show 'Politically Incorrect.')
But sadly, Stephen's last ploy failed ... and failed badly, because O'Donnell wants nothing to do with him. So on the latest 'Colbert Report,' (weeknights, 11:30PM ET on Comedy Central), he resorts to a different tactic.
O'Donnell has yet to meet those terms, so Maher used this week's 'Real Time' to play old footage of O'Donnell talking evolution.
"Evolution is a myth ...' said O'Donnell, in the "Political Incorrect' clip from October 15, 1998.
"Evolution is a myth," Maher repeated, incredulously. "Have you ever looked at a monkey?"
"Then why aren't monkeys still evolving into humans?" was how a young O'Donnell dealt with Maher's rhetorical question.
Our favorite part of the old clip has to be the reaction of Twisted Sister front-man Dee Snider. While Maher and the other panelists get all huffy about O'Donnell's scientifically dubious remarks, Snider remains completely unfazed. This is probably because a couple decades as a shock-rocker will leave you immune to just about any kind of absurdity.
My favorite part of Real Time With Bill Maher is the last segment, "New Rules." It's a segment devoted to looking at things a little bit differently, offering new rules for current events, celebrities, and politicians. Maher released a great book last year with the same title.
After the jump is a clip (from Salon) of the latest "New Rules" segment of the HBO Friday night show. It's entitled "Half-Cocked," and I would usually say to you that the clip is NSFW, but you can probably guess that from the title.
Last week we mentioned that HBO was looking into creating a Internet broadband channel that would only be available to their subscribers. While this project is under development the pay-cable network has been working on other ways to get their brand incorporated into the ever growing world of television on the Internet.
One of these ways is to team up with America Online (our corporate parent) to create the broadband website 'This Just In'. To be launched early next year, 'This Just In' will feature current events humor and will reflect the range of comedy that HBO is known for; think Politically Incorrect and Def Comedy Jam. The site will provide plenty of video content as well as a blogging area that will allow users to tap into the day's events as they are happening. In addition, the website will become a platform to incubate new programming for other HBO properties.
The 'This Just In' website will replace the current AOL comedy site and will be available at www.thisjustin.com.
Is it insensitive? You betcha. Funny? Eh. It's not laugh-out-loud funny, but more roll-your-eyes-and-groan funny. And it's not nearly as funny as South Park's reference to Irwin's death last week, which I thought was surprisingly tasteful and hilarious at the same time.
So... is the costume funny or not?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 6 Predictions: Which 2 Dancers Will Go Home?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 5 to Advance from the Quarterfinals?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Saved By the Bell Turns 25: Tara Reid and 14 Other Forgotten Guest Stars
- Jessie's Debby Ryan Reflects on Her 'Fulfilling,' Landmark Directing Debut
- The Walking Dead Video: The Carol-Tyreese Horror You Didn't See!
- Twisted Reunion: Kylie Bunbury Joins Avan Jogia's King Tut Event Series
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Sister Act
- More From TVLine
- Madonna's Son Rocco Channels Ex Sean Penn's 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' Character!
- Duggar Baby News! Jill Dillard Is Pregnant
- Zoe Saldana Finally Confirms Pregnancy with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'A Dame To Kill For' Stars Share Secrets of Survival in 'Sin City'
- Birthday Girl Amy Adams' 7 Highest-Rated Movies
- More From ET