April 21, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 16th 2009 9:05AM
The marketing for this show has been relentless, and that's an understatement. It's easier to shake the SARS virus in a back alley chicken hut in downtown Hong Kong than it is to shake an ad for The Cougar.
One of my personal rules (number one is "thou who smelt it, dealt it") is the harder the advertising, the worse a show is bound to be. TV Land hasn't just aired a commercial for The Cougar every five seconds in between their few remaining watchable shows. They air it on other networks. They plaster ads all over the Internet. If the economy dips any lower, they'll probably start tattooing ads to people's foreheads.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 8?
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- More From BuddyTV
- Jon Stewart's Daily Show Exit Date Set
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- More From TVLine