August 20, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 16th 2009 9:05AM
The marketing for this show has been relentless, and that's an understatement. It's easier to shake the SARS virus in a back alley chicken hut in downtown Hong Kong than it is to shake an ad for The Cougar.
One of my personal rules (number one is "thou who smelt it, dealt it") is the harder the advertising, the worse a show is bound to be. TV Land hasn't just aired a commercial for The Cougar every five seconds in between their few remaining watchable shows. They air it on other networks. They plaster ads all over the Internet. If the economy dips any lower, they'll probably start tattooing ads to people's foreheads.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 17 Moments: Questions and Answers from 'No One Here Can Love or Understand Me'
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 2
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 6 Predictions: Which 2 Dancers Will Go Home?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder Tweets First Pic of Damon in Season 6
- TVLine Items: Sons' Series Finale Date, New Bear Grylls Show and More
- Billy Crystal to Lead Robin Williams Tribute at Monday's Emmy Awards
- Showtime Renews Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex for Third Seasons
- CBS Will Repeat Madam Secretary on Premiere Night, To Offset NFL Delay
- More From TVLine