September 5, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 16th 2009 9:05AM
The marketing for this show has been relentless, and that's an understatement. It's easier to shake the SARS virus in a back alley chicken hut in downtown Hong Kong than it is to shake an ad for The Cougar.
One of my personal rules (number one is "thou who smelt it, dealt it") is the harder the advertising, the worse a show is bound to be. TV Land hasn't just aired a commercial for The Cougar every five seconds in between their few remaining watchable shows. They air it on other networks. They plaster ads all over the Internet. If the economy dips any lower, they'll probably start tattooing ads to people's foreheads.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 10
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Nominees from the Top 6?
- 'Project Runway' Season 14: Ranking the Looks of 'Gunn and Heid'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' First Impressions: Who Will Win Season 21?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Cast: 'UnREAL' Star and More New Faces
- More From BuddyTV
- TNT to Release Public Morals' Entire First Season for Labor Day Weekend
- Arrow Season 4 Trailer Has Domestic Olicity, Damien Darhk, Constantine, Sara, Costume Changes and More
- Ratings: Mistresses Finale and Dome Hit Series Lows, Rookie Blue Rises
- TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More
- Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return
- More From TVLine
- Bindi Irwin Reveals Her Biggest 'Dancing With the Stars' Challenge – and It'll Make You Love Her More
- Tyler Perry Honors the Life of Bobbi Kristina Brown With Heartfelt Tribute Video
- The Sexiest Summer Bikini Bodies of 2015
- The 'Dash Dolls' Reveal What It's Really Like to Have Kim, Khloe & Kourtney Kardashian as Bosses!
- Mini-Darth Vader From Super Bowl Ad Gets Pacemaker Generator at 10 Years Old
- More From ET