July 26, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 16th 2009 9:05AM
The marketing for this show has been relentless, and that's an understatement. It's easier to shake the SARS virus in a back alley chicken hut in downtown Hong Kong than it is to shake an ad for The Cougar.
One of my personal rules (number one is "thou who smelt it, dealt it") is the harder the advertising, the worse a show is bound to be. TV Land hasn't just aired a commercial for The Cougar every five seconds in between their few remaining watchable shows. They air it on other networks. They plaster ads all over the Internet. If the economy dips any lower, they'll probably start tattooing ads to people's foreheads.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' HG Derrick Levasseur's Grandfather Dies
- 'Sleepy Hollow' at Comic-Con 2014: Ichabod and Abbie's 'Spicy' Relationship, the New Sheriff and More
- [Video] 'Arrow' at Comic-Con: Watch the New Season 3 Trailer
- [Video] 'The Originals' at Comic-Con 2014: First Look at Season 2, Klaus' Daddy Issues and Returning Characters
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- More From BuddyTV
- Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz Talk Bones' Big Changes, Booth's Beard and a Volatile Marriage Topic
- Sleepy Hollow @ Comic-Con: 'Whatever You Think Is Coming, Isn't Coming'
- Arrow @ Comic-Con: Season 3 Trailer Has Happy Oliver, Bloody Felicity?! Plus: Scoop on 'Oracle,' Darker Thea
- The Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 2 Trailer, Plus Cast Promise 'Twisted Fairytale,' Vengeful Klaus and Hayley
- Castle's Nathan Fillion Asks: 'How Much Longer Can We Make People Wait for a Wedding?'
- More From TVLine