March 2, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 16th 2009 9:05AM
The marketing for this show has been relentless, and that's an understatement. It's easier to shake the SARS virus in a back alley chicken hut in downtown Hong Kong than it is to shake an ad for The Cougar.
One of my personal rules (number one is "thou who smelt it, dealt it") is the harder the advertising, the worse a show is bound to be. TV Land hasn't just aired a commercial for The Cougar every five seconds in between their few remaining watchable shows. They air it on other networks. They plaster ads all over the Internet. If the economy dips any lower, they'll probably start tattooing ads to people's foreheads.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- The Most Scandalous Moments from 'Downton Abbey'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- Supergirl Scoop: Jeremy Jordan to Play CatCo Tech Guru... and More?
- The Good Wife First Look: Finn Is Back — With Another Woman?
- More From TVLine
- 'The Sound of Music' Turns 50!
- Sad News, Jared Leto Cut Off His Beautiful Long Hair
- Robert Downey Jr. Wants to 'Awesome the Crap Out of You' at the 'Avengers 2' Premiere
- Mindy Kaling Gives 'Mindy Project' Crew the 'Best Goodie Bag'
- Katy Perry Is Selling a Left Shark Onesie (In Case You Still Love That Meme From the Super Bowl)
- More From ET