July 31, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Apr 16th 2009 9:05AM
The marketing for this show has been relentless, and that's an understatement. It's easier to shake the SARS virus in a back alley chicken hut in downtown Hong Kong than it is to shake an ad for The Cougar.
One of my personal rules (number one is "thou who smelt it, dealt it") is the harder the advertising, the worse a show is bound to be. TV Land hasn't just aired a commercial for The Cougar every five seconds in between their few remaining watchable shows. They air it on other networks. They plaster ads all over the Internet. If the economy dips any lower, they'll probably start tattooing ads to people's foreheads.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET