The new poster simply states "VILF" in big, bold white letters on a red background with a smaller bit of programming information in the bottom right corner. The acronym is a play on the popular slang term MILF, replacing "mother" with "vampire."
More info after the jump.
First, about the poster; yes, the family appears to be united. But is it just me or do Nikki and Margene's heads look weird? It could be the Photoshopping, but HBO is too slick for that. I think it's subliminal advertising. They're trying to convey that something is off with two of Bill's wives. Nikki has always been a headcase, but Margene? She's been so loyal and true and... normal!
With just about a month to go until the season two premiere of Fringe, FOX has released the promotional poster for the new season. Much like the ad campaign and show bumpers used throughout the first season (that code did get cracked), the new poster is full of clues, both old and new.
There hasn't been much else teasing the new season of Fringe, save for the short video I posted last week, so for now, this is the best we've got if we want to try and figure just what the heck is going to happen to Olivia now that she's in an alternate universe.
At first glance, you can pretty quickly see the Observer, Walter drinking some sort of slushie, and tons of the glyphs seen in the first season. But keep looking and there's a lot more. The poster is after the jump - take a look and tell us what you see or if you've got any theories.
[via Fringe Bloggers]
Kryptonsite has posted The CW's new promo poster for Smalville's upcoming ninth season ... and damn, it's ugly.
My graphic designer friends could do a better job of picking this thing apart, but even a Photoshop noob like me can tell it was a rush job. First, lets get the obvious out of the way - that definitely ain't Erica Durance's body. (According to Kryptonsite, that torso belongs to Kristin Kreuk!)
Then we have Tom Welling's head, which was seemingly beamed in from an entirely different season than his body. Or is it just growing out of his jacket collar? Chloe and Green Lantern Arrow look fine, but those shots were definitely pasted in from a previous season's promo shoot.
When I first saw this poster, I thought it was some fan art from a Photoshop beginner. What happened to the days of solid design, when stuff like this totally wouldn't fly outside of Graphic Design I? If basic cable shows like Mad Men can make their ads sleek and sexy, what excuse does Showtime have? I was so distracted by the weird masking and forced shadows and weak composition and awkward font choice and various other super-sad arty elements, that I completely missed the eight chicks getting it on in the background.
Now, if that's not ineffective design, I don't know what is. See a larger version of the poster after the jump and analyze for yourself.
It's time to resume our investigation, this time, with the season 5 official poster (see right, bigger version after the jump) which I've found at DocArzt's Lost Blog.
To enter, leave a comment below before 5:00PM Eastern, Tuesday, September 2 simply telling us what you're looking forward to most about HBO's True Blood. As always, we'll randomly choose three winners amongst the eligible entries. Some other details:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating what you're looking forward to most about True Blood.
- The comment must be left before September 2, 2008 at 5:00PM Eastern Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Three winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Three winners will receive a cast-signed True Blood promo poster (valued at $9.95).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
(S03E11) Is there any doubt that this is the best sitcom on TV? Not only is it funny, but there are some great stories with hellacious plot twists.
Witness this latest episode, which dealt primarily with Michael returning to the office after a vacation in Jamaica. Before the holiday hiatus, we were left with a cliffhanger when at the end of the last episode, Michael was desperately trying to find someone to go with him after his girlfriend broke up with him. He was finally able to persuade someone to come along, but we were left speculating as to who the "lucky" person was.
In addition to the television spots, 30 Rock also has created ridiculous movie posters for Tracy Morgan's character, big time movie star Tracy Jordan. I love the tagline for Black Cop White Cop, "One does the duty, the other gets the booty." The other fake poster is for Who dat Ninga? Both movie posters are after the jump.
Honestly... it all makes me want to watch the show. And I probably will because of the marketing. What marketing is working on you?
Some clever soul has spoofed inspirational posters using wisdom from Star Trek. The person who did it also must have a lot of time on his/her hands because there appear to be a lot of screen caps from various episodes and movies. My personal favorite is 'Expendability', which I posted at the top of this blog entry.
I'm not really a fan of the original Star Trek so maybe these are funnier than I think. Or not. Check out all 34 of them here.
I know how you feel. They took Arrested Development away from us too soon, which is bad enough, but you can't help but think that maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if once, just once, you could have seen the Bluth family depicted as characters from Star Wars. Well, thanks to artist Chase Black and this promotional poster, we can all enjoy our Bluths as they might have been in the Star Wars galaxy. Actually, Michael and Gob each had Luke-like and Han-like personalities, didn't they? Sort of? No? Anyway, you should also check his other work for Lewis Black and Stella.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Finale Post Mortem: Bryan Fuller on Will/Lecter Love, Bedelia's Last Supper, That Siouxsie Sioux Jam
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- More From ET