A freelance writer at NBC Sports has been fired for lifting dialogue from the fourth season opener of The West Wing ("20 Hours In America") in a story about a horse trainer in the Kentucky Derby that had rescued three children from a fire. The episode had a storyline about a bombing at a college swim meet, and President Bartlet used the words "ran into the fire" in the same way that this writer in the piece used them.
But it doesn't end there. In the same episode, Bartlet said: "The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels, but every time we think we've measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capactiy may be limitless." The Derby piece had this:
"... funny thing about life is that every time we think we've measured our capacity to meet its challenges, we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless."
Wow, I'm not a horse racing fan, but if I had heard that, I would have immediately recognized it, since I've seen that episode 4 million times.
[via TV Tattle]
Anyone know who he was? Really odd that they didn't have another regular cast member to be a pallbearer.
By now you have probably heard about the death of West Wing star John Spencer. Arguably, Spencer was the heart and soul (and voice of reason) on the show, so filling the gap he leaves will not be easy.
Castmates and friends are still mourning his death, so they probably haven't even given any thought as to what they will do with the Leo McGarry character. But they will have to deal with the situation soon, and I have some thoughts on the subject and would like to hear yours as well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Parties In Las Vegas For Her Birthday and It's 'Amazing'
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- More From ET