Mark's opponent in the Showcase Showdown, Edward, bid on a package of Gucci watches, Armani furniture, and a Jeep SUV. Edward bid $28,000 for his more stylish showcase. Mark bid $22,616 on his travel package.
Edward's showcase was valued at $32,399, putting him more than $4,000 under. Mark's package was worth $23,950, making him the winner.
Joseph, well aware that viewers might find him crazy for doing so, passed on the vacations and the car and wound up bidding on a game table, an iMac, and a trailer. He bid $33,995 on his package.
Lisa bid $27,000 for the vacations and the car, which turned out to be worth $30,106. That left her more than $3,000 under. But Joseph's showcase was actually worth $31,312, leaving him over by $2,683. Now she just needs sun tan lotion, a parka, and some motor oil.
After a series of bizarre occurrences, Drew Carey found out who was behind the dastardly doings -- Mimi Bobeck. Yes, that's right America, Mimi is back. Kathy Kinney appeared in character on 'The Price is Right' (weekdays, syndicated on CBS) to prank Carey on this glorious April 1. As the show's executive producer, Mimi instituted new policies, hired a new announcer and new models and declared she's watching Carey.
Now, when will Oswald and Ryan show up as contestants?
Watch the video after the jump.
As you can see in the clip below, the results didn't exactly go in his favor. But it's not like he lost the Porsche by wildly over- or under-bidding; he was right about the price. He just wasn't right enough:
My apologies to the pig farmers, but let's be honest: it's one thing to call this H1N1 when it's a distant threat, but when it gets personal, swine is the operative word.
I've got it. It's unpleasant to admit it - like copping to smoking - but there's the truth. I've been sick for over a week, and if you or someone you know has been sick that long, chances are it's the swine flu. Sorry to break it to you. I know you're probably trying to pretend it's just a cold. I did that for the first four days.
Sick for a week! I haven't been down like this since I was kid. And usually, when I'm down, I'm out. I sleep like the dead, emerging only for a few prime-time can't-miss shows. But this swine flu is a festering little bug - I'm confused, cranky and highly contagious but not knocked out enough to sleep the day away. Which brings me to my thesis: daytime TV.
It was a season of change for Drew and the show; the prizes got more creative, Drew changed his look, and the show in general did a lot to break out of the mold of the Bob Barker years.
Of course, those changes didn't go unnoticed, as some of the show's more "devoted" fans took to sites like Golden-Road.net to disparage Drew and say the show was going downhill. There was even a minor controversy this past season, as a contestant made a suspiciously on-the-mark Showcase bid, and Drew's reaction to it was less than enthusiastic (for good reason, as he mentions in the interview).
We've talked a lot here at TV Squad about how Drew is doing on TPiR this year and, while the jury may still be out, I think he's settled into a nice groove. No, he's not Bob Barker but do we really want someone who would go up there and act just like Bob did? They kept all the crazy games that make the show a classic, so I say let Drew be himself, and we'll get used to it. And if you haven't given him a try, here's a chance to curl up at home on a Friday night and see for yourself.
In the privacy of our homes, we're doing something that would shock our friends and horrify our relatives.
We're watching ... 'Moonlight.' And 'Hannah Montana.' And sometimes, even 'I Love New York.'
Yep, we admit it. It's time to 'fess up and reveal our top 20 guilty pleasures on TV right now. You'll watch and love them (in secret) too.
That headline isn't my opinion, it's something another TV critic is worried about.
Derrik Lang at SanLuisObispo.com points out that the very first word that Drew Carey uttered while taping the very first episode of his new CBS game show Power of Ten was "F**K. And then later in the show he made an a joke about a certain part of his anatomy (he later apologized for what he said, since there were kids in the audience). Lang now wonders if Carey could be the wrong choice for The Price is Right, since he works blue and seems more like a late-night host than a game show host and doesn't really get the TPiR fan base.
It looks like the long search for the new host of The Price Is Right is down to two: Sarah Silverman and David Hasselhoff.
Just kidding! The New York Post is reporting that producers have narrowed it down to two contestants: Mark Steines and Todd Newton. Steines is a host on Entertainment Tonight (he'll keep the job if he gets the PIR gig), and Newton has hosted several game shows, including a PIR show in Las Vegas. The pay for the job is reportedly near $3 million a year. Nice.
Hmmm...I'm not sure about this. But I guess they're both competent hosts. It looks like producers are going for the safer choices (male, slightly older, experienced) than going with someone like Mario Lopez or Ian Ziering.
Today on TV Squad Daily: Speculating about subjects we should be sick of by now!
- Rosie O'Donnell turned down hosting The Price Is Right? Hmmmm.
- Zach Braff is blogging about how he's not as lame as the tabloids say? I wonder about that.
- And is Paris Hilton going to be able to pull off the non-stupid act? We shall see.
- At 8, CBS repeats (from this morning) Bob Barkers final Price Is Right. It's followed by the Daytime Emmy Awards.
- ABC runs a episode of Kyle XY at 8, then new episodes of National Bingo Night and 20/20.
- The CW has a new Smackdown at 8.
- TCM is showing Nancy Drew movies all night.
- Also at 8: Sci-Fi has a new Stargate SG-1, followed by new episodes of Stargate: Atlantis and Painkiller Jane.
- At 9, FOX has a new Standoff.
- Discovery has a new Man vs. Wild at 9.
- Hallmark has a new movie at 9, You've Got A Friend.
- At 10, A&E has a new Intervention.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Can Lady Love Prove She's Pregnant?
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'iZombie' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Major and Blaine Wrestle with the Zombie Cure's Side Effects
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Hannibal Buress's Unaired Pilot for This Absurdly Hilarious, Self-Explanatory Reality-ish Show Called Unemployable
- It's Official: Taylor Swift Unsurprisingly Has the Most Popular Instagram Account
- Paul McCartney Unveiled New Michael Jackson Vocals With This 'Say, Say, Say' Video, Remix
- More from Vulture
- Shania Twain Cancels Concerts Due to Illness
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares All in Artistic, NSFW Photoshoot
- Kate Hudson Shows Off Her Enviable Abs
- Jay Leno Tags in for Jimmy Fallon During 'Tonight Show' Monologue
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals the Real Reason Loki Wasn't in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- More From ET