What makes Prime Suspect particularly of concern is that the British show had a great actress starring in it. Helen Mirren has deserved every award -- Oscar, Tony, Golden Globe -- that she's received. As the tough-as-nails detective chief inspector Jane Tennison, she was simply amazing.
Here's a quick list of the major winners at tonight's Emmy Awards.
Supporting Actor - Comedy: Jeremy Piven (Entourage)
Supporting Actor - Drama: Terry O'Quinn (Lost)
Supporting Actress - Comedy: Jamie Pressly (My Name is Earl)
Supporting Actress - Drama: Katherine Heigl (Grey's Anatomy)
Reality Competition Program: The Amazing Race
Lead Actor - Movie or Miniseries: Robert Duvall (Broken Trail)
Lead Actress - Movie or Minseries: Helen Mirren (Prime Suspect)
TV Movie: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee
Miniseries: Broken Trail
Lead Actress - Comedy: America Ferrara (Ugly Betty)
Lead Actor - Comedy: Ricky Gervais (Extras)
Lead Actress - Drama: Sally Field (Brothers & Sisters)
Lead Actor - Drama: James Spader (Boston Legal)
Comedy Series: 30 Rock
Drama Series: The Sopranos
And check out AOL Television for a complete list of the 2007 Emmy Awards winners.bottomless gallery of broadcast pics.
That's the Television Critics Association, the organization that represents over 200 TV critics nationwide and in Canada. They've revealed their nominees for their annual awards, and while a lot of the usual shows make the list, there are a few surprises as well. Some of that has to do with their choices, and some of it has to do with the categories they have and the way they nominate (for example, there aren't separate categories for "Best Performance in a Drama - Male" and "Best Performance in a Drama - Female," it's all under "Individual Achievement in Drama."
The list is after the jump.
Tough broads have feelings and faults, but they're nobody's baby. They also don't give a crap what you think of them. They dress for utility not for style, and they work -- usually in domains stereotypically belonging to men.
We'll miss you, Detective Tennison. You are the inspiration for this list of tough TV broads - the ones little girls and little boys can look up to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 17 Moments of Drinking, Spying and Kissing from 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- Resurrection Casts Michelle Fairley as [Spoiler]'s 'Returned' Mother
- More From TVLine
- Dakota Johnson is Covering Up Today Before Showing Skin in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Tomorrow
- A Look Back at Batman On Film Through The Years
- Exclusive First Look: 'Outlander' Stars Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan Get Cozy
- Watch Blake Lively Get Snippy with 'Vogue' While Decorating Cupcakes
- Chrissy Teigen Joins the Blonde Lob Club
- More From ET