What makes Prime Suspect particularly of concern is that the British show had a great actress starring in it. Helen Mirren has deserved every award -- Oscar, Tony, Golden Globe -- that she's received. As the tough-as-nails detective chief inspector Jane Tennison, she was simply amazing.
Here's a quick list of the major winners at tonight's Emmy Awards.
Supporting Actor - Comedy: Jeremy Piven (Entourage)
Supporting Actor - Drama: Terry O'Quinn (Lost)
Supporting Actress - Comedy: Jamie Pressly (My Name is Earl)
Supporting Actress - Drama: Katherine Heigl (Grey's Anatomy)
Reality Competition Program: The Amazing Race
Lead Actor - Movie or Miniseries: Robert Duvall (Broken Trail)
Lead Actress - Movie or Minseries: Helen Mirren (Prime Suspect)
TV Movie: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee
Miniseries: Broken Trail
Lead Actress - Comedy: America Ferrara (Ugly Betty)
Lead Actor - Comedy: Ricky Gervais (Extras)
Lead Actress - Drama: Sally Field (Brothers & Sisters)
Lead Actor - Drama: James Spader (Boston Legal)
Comedy Series: 30 Rock
Drama Series: The Sopranos
And check out AOL Television for a complete list of the 2007 Emmy Awards winners.bottomless gallery of broadcast pics.
That's the Television Critics Association, the organization that represents over 200 TV critics nationwide and in Canada. They've revealed their nominees for their annual awards, and while a lot of the usual shows make the list, there are a few surprises as well. Some of that has to do with their choices, and some of it has to do with the categories they have and the way they nominate (for example, there aren't separate categories for "Best Performance in a Drama - Male" and "Best Performance in a Drama - Female," it's all under "Individual Achievement in Drama."
The list is after the jump.
Tough broads have feelings and faults, but they're nobody's baby. They also don't give a crap what you think of them. They dress for utility not for style, and they work -- usually in domains stereotypically belonging to men.
We'll miss you, Detective Tennison. You are the inspiration for this list of tough TV broads - the ones little girls and little boys can look up to.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' spinoff changes title to 'Supernatural: Bloodlines,' casts Melissa Roxburgh as final series regular
- 'Heartland Table': Amy Thielen is canny about fresh food
- 'Crazy Hearts: Nashville' Season 1 finale: Does Leroy ruin Lee's Nashville singing debut?
- 'The Mindy Project' Season 3 scoop from Ike Barinholtz and Mindy Kaling
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Vanessa Williams 'had to be there' for Cicely Tyson
- More From Zap2it
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- Rachel Boston Talks Finding Love in Hallmark Channel's A Ring By Spring
- More From TVLine