(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Videos] Watch the Best Commercials from Super Bowl XLIX
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- More From BuddyTV
- Super Bowl XLIX: Grade Katy Perry's Firework-Filled Halftime Show!
- Super Bowl XLIX: Reviewing the Best, Worst (and Weepiest) Commercials
- Super Bowl XLIX: Idina Menzel Sings the National Anthem — How'd She Do?
- Pilot News: ABC Orders Uncle Buck Adaptation, Gay Gym Teacher Comedy
- Quotes of the Week From Agent Carter, Arrow, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and More!
- More From TVLine
- John Legend and Idina Menzel Nail Patriotic Super Bowl Performances
- Play Entertainment Tonight's Super Bowl Bingo!
- Johnny Weir's Super Bowl Look Wows
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Reportedly Told to Prepare for the Worst
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Chrissy Teigen & John Legend Hit Up Waffle House
- More From ET