(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 6 Reasons to Watch Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle'
- [Videos] 'Pretty Little Liars' Winter Premiere Preview: Did Alison Kill Mona?
- 7 Christmas Episodes That (Almost) Make You Believe in Santa Again
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.18 Photos: Can Spencer and Caleb Find Mona's Missing Laptop?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.17 Photos: Trouble for Spencer and Toby?
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Photos: A Fight With Toby Leaves Spencer in Tears
- TVLine Items: Sopranos Vet Visits Hawaii, Penny Dreadful Promo & More
- Did Homeland Cheat Death? Is Benched Courting Big Laughs? Messy Affairs? Are Girlfriends Vapid? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Grinch Wins Christmas for ABC, Surging to 5-Year High
- 2014 in Review, Part 2: Best and Worst Couples, CGI and Scenery-Chewing — Plus Death Scenes, Crushes & More!
- More From TVLine