(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Answers: Secrets of the Strigoi Revealed
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- More From BuddyTV
- 24 Movie Talks Heat Up (Again): Is Jack Finally Headed to the Big Screen?
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- More From TVLine