(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Mysteries of Laura Cops Big Numbers Leading Out of Talent Finale, Red Band Society Opens Low
- Aubrey Plaza to Voice Grumpy Cat
- Sons of Anarchy: Alicia Coppola to School [Spoiler]
- SNL Taps Darrell Hammond to Succeed Don Pardo as Announcer
- Extant Finale Recap: This Boy Is on Fire
- More From TVLine