(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Seth Meyers Hosting 2014 Emmy Awards
- Did ABC's Black Box Get Inside Your Head?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Before and Aftershocks — Plus Your First Look at Burke's Return
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- More From TVLine
- Aaron Carter Opens Up About Addiction Struggle
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- More From ET