(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Recap: Will Ichabod Free Katrina in Time?
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- More From BuddyTV
- The Best, Worst & Weirdest Moments From Tonight's 'DWTS'
- Lady Antebellum Talks Birthing Babies and Albums
- Norway Funeral Home Refuses To Bury Casey Kasem
- Ben Affleck Talks Marriage, Children & 'Gone Girl'
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell Promise Action & Romance for Season 6
- More From ET