(S01E01) After posting my early look at this new NBC procedural crime drama, reading your comments, and thinking about Charlie Crews in general, I have come to the belief that Life may actually have a chance this season. Not because of the crimes he and Detective Dani Reese solve -- hey, a murder is a murder is a murder. Not because of Charlie's mix of innocence and quirkiness. I think what is going to keep people tuning into the program is the whole sub-plot of the series: trying to find out who the heck framed Charlie for the murder of three people.
The second series is called Swingtown and it sounds like it's bound for a 10 pm time slot. The series is set in the 1970s and is about a bunch of married couples who swap spouses. It's being created by Mike Kelley, writer and executive producer of The O.C.
Pilot season, by the way, is soon upon us. January is traditionally the time of year when the networks request pilots from all the television veterans and wanna-bes who have been pitching them this fall.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' spinoff changes title to 'Supernatural: Bloodlines,' casts Melissa Roxburgh as final series regular
- 'Heartland Table': Amy Thielen is canny about fresh food
- 'Crazy Hearts: Nashville' Season 1 finale: Does Leroy ruin Lee's Nashville singing debut?
- 'The Mindy Project' Season 3 scoop from Ike Barinholtz and Mindy Kaling
- 'The Trip to Bountiful': Vanessa Williams 'had to be there' for Cicely Tyson
- More From Zap2it
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- Performer of the Week: Castle's Stana Katic
- Rachel Boston Talks Finding Love in Hallmark Channel's A Ring By Spring
- More From TVLine