The press release from ABC (after the jump) pretty much explains the whole scheme, including wallet drops at shopping malls with Knights "membership cards" in them, "rock star receipts" given to random shoppers at Virgin Megastores and other places, and opportunities to grab cash in a Knights-sponsored money booth. This is all to promote the premiere of Knights on January 3 at 9 PM.
Of course, they could just promote the show by saying it's the funniest new pilot this season. But I guess the truth doesn't always help... just ask the producers of The Nine.
(S03E03) Michael Scott may act like a knucklehead most of the time, but say this for him--he will not go down without a fight.
You just knew that sooner or later Dwight would try to undermine Michael, and Angela's influencing of him to do something about the office finally pushed him to meet clandestinely with Jan. Despite Jan's dismay over Michael's "Movie Mondays" and other offbeat practices, she must have some feelings for him at some level, because she did warn Michael about Dwight instead of looking to replace him. Obviously, their "hookup" last season must have had some effect on her.
Wow, what some people will do for, you know, whatever. A family in Atlanta were apparently approached by E! to have their home painted pink and affixed with both a sign for The Simple Life and E! Entertainment's exclamation mark logo as a way to promote the new season of The Simple Life: 'Til Death Do Us Part. I guess during this season Nicole and Paris play pretend mommies or something? Despite my personal aversion to reality shows and especially this particular reality show, the house has been attracting a lot of attention. Perhaps too much, actually, as it seems people have a nasty habit of ringing the doorbell late at night. I assume those making the late night visits were just lonely men who figured Paris had gotten lazy and decided to use the house as a means of luring suitors to her. You know, like her version of the Bat symbol. It's an honest mistake.
The moving graphic in the lower left corner of my television screen has officially gotten out of hand (I think Adam would agree). Rather than just letters rolling in and out to tell me what's up next, it has become quite distracting. I realize that's the point: to get me to notice the crap in the corner, but I'd rather watch the show. Most recently, I was watching something on VH1, when a purple 'Z' actually whooshed up and covered the entire screen and then faded away to tease whatever the hell it was teasing. I don't even know what it was for, I just know it was too much! Also, on USA Network lately, Wynonna and Cowboy Troy keep dancing around in the lower lefthand corner of my screen to tell me about the upcoming season of Nashville Star. Conveniently, they kept popping up when subtitles were on the screen. Arrrgh! And, guess what? The network played promos for Nashville Star in every break. So, give me a break.
I guess this is the networks' way of getting around that pesky TiVo fast-forward that we're all so fond of.
If you've ever said, "they can't pay me enough to watch a soap opera" you might be interested to know that Procter and Gamble, the company that actually invented the genre in the early 1930s, is behind a promotion that will award viewers $500 for simply watching As The World Turns and Guiding Light. Well, you have to register at Daytime Dollars, and your special code has to match the code shown during the episode. But hey, even if you don't win, you can still lose yourself in the twisted plotlines and engaging stories. Will Samantha leave Brock? Will Danny find out about his baby brother, Stefan? Will Jerome and Barbara ever find their way out of the wicker pumpkin factory? Will I continue to make up characters and storylines and pretend I actually watch these shows? Who the heck knows? The promotion will run from March 13 to September 29.
[via Ad Pulp]
HBO.com is also planning an interactive game called Whack a Soprano.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Recap: Brandi Clears the Air with Adrienne
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Finale Recap: Did the Right Couple Win? Plus: Top 5 Moments!
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- Mindy Project Recap: How Ma Got Her Groove Back
- Degrassi Shocker: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!
- Awkward's Ashley Rickards Talks Jenna's Choice, Lacey's Surprise and More Season 4 Finale Twists
- More From TVLine
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 19 Winner: Who Took Home the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Paul Rudd's College Yearbook Photo Will Blow Your Mind
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You' Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time
- Rihanna Teases New Song From Upcoming Eighth Album
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? ET Goes Inside An LA Acting School For Kids
- More From ET