After the jump ... Remember this pop cultural gem (video below) that gained traction on the Net not too long ago? The sheer oddity of the clip alone forces us to ask ourselves several questions: do these people all live together? Why is Marla Gibbs dressed like an astronaut? Does Bea Arthur do everybody's shoppingl? CAN'T NELL CARTER JUST SIT DOWN AND REST HER FEET FOR A SECOND? (Seriously, give her a break!)
CBS reports that less than a third of the visitors to their website want to watch full-length episodes online. Instead, the network is betting they want to watch short, entertaining YouTube-style videos. The project was inspired by a user-generated clip called "Endless Caruso One Liners" uploaded to YouTube a year ago. So far, it's been viewed over a million times.
So, back in May I told you about a limited number of Simpsons-style XBoxes being given away at promotional events in anticipation of the upcoming movie. If you weren't lucky enough to snag one of the yellow consoles with Homer's visage at one of these events, you can try bidding on one that recently popped up on eBay. Just bring a lot of cash, 'cause the bidding, as I type this sentence, is at $1,900.
The brainchild behind the promo is Lime Public Relations & Promotions who feel that the campaign is "innovative but tasteful." Lime president Claudia Strauss reported to AdAge that, "The show is all about indulgence, and we just felt this was a great way to bring to life one of the key aspects of the story line." In keeping with the show's over-the-top sex and gore, participating restaurants will also allow diners to drink the blood of Christian martyrs, sodomize select servers and retire to a vomitorium following their meal.
I know how you feel. They took Arrested Development away from us too soon, which is bad enough, but you can't help but think that maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if once, just once, you could have seen the Bluth family depicted as characters from Star Wars. Well, thanks to artist Chase Black and this promotional poster, we can all enjoy our Bluths as they might have been in the Star Wars galaxy. Actually, Michael and Gob each had Luke-like and Han-like personalities, didn't they? Sort of? No? Anyway, you should also check his other work for Lewis Black and Stella.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones': Top 10 Barristan Selmy Moments
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4 Finale Photos: Can Henry Save His Family in Time?
- 'The Following': 15 Mega Mistakes Made in 'Demons'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Week 8 Performance Rankings
- Best 'Originals' Quotes from 'Fire with Fire'
- More From BuddyTV
- Idol's Tyanna Jones Talks 'Tightrope,''Stay,' and Audition-Round Struggles
- The Originals First Look: Claire Holt Returns for Final Battle With Dahlia
- TVLine Items: Shonda Rhimes on FX, New Vikings Cast and More
- Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: Why Is Frankie Muniz Being Held at Gunpoint?
- Josh Charles Joins Masters of Sex Cast for Scent-sational Season 3 Arc
- More From TVLine
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' Teaser Trailer: 'It's Not Bro Time, It's Show Time'
- Miley Cyrus Launches Foundation for Homeless and LGBT Youth
- Met Gala After Party Craziness: Katy Perry & John Mayer Back On, J. Law's Slinky Dress & Kylie Jenner's Sports Bra
- Justin Bieber: Selena Gomez Looked 'Gorgeous' at the Met Gala
- Chris Brown Suspected of Misdemeanor Battery Following Las Vegas Basketball Game Fight
- More From ET