October 20, 2014
by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 25th 2009 10:00AM
During the pilot episode of the new FOX drama Mental, Annabella Sciorra's Dr. Nora Skoff tells Chris Vance's Dr. Jack Gallagher that his recent decision to strip down butt-naked to help a patient deserves some of her Harvard business school advice - ask for royalties because the video of it is sure to be more popular than Paris Hilton's sex tape. To that, I offer some insight from a Syracuse University TV production graduate - there's a reason FOX held off on premiering Mental until the summer. It's not very good.
by Anna Johns, posted Jan 13th 2006 9:33AM
Dr. Phil is giving advice to people who are trying to find a mate on the internet. He's signed on to dish out pearls of wisdom to potential couples on Match.com. Subscribers who pay $13/month for premium service will have access to McGraw's tips. Of course, they won't be in written form. Dr. Phil's written words just don't deliver without his incredulous looks and his Texas accent. His tips to daters will be in the form of 50 video clips, covering topics from communication, first impressions, and meaningful conversations. One of Dr. Phil's tidbits: "If you want to be a winner in love, you want to be a winner in relationships, then do what it takes." People have to pay $13/month for that crap?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Can Alicia Tame Elsbeth's Unquiet Mind?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET