September 2, 2015
by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 25th 2009 10:00AM
During the pilot episode of the new FOX drama Mental, Annabella Sciorra's Dr. Nora Skoff tells Chris Vance's Dr. Jack Gallagher that his recent decision to strip down butt-naked to help a patient deserves some of her Harvard business school advice - ask for royalties because the video of it is sure to be more popular than Paris Hilton's sex tape. To that, I offer some insight from a Syracuse University TV production graduate - there's a reason FOX held off on premiering Mental until the summer. It's not very good.
by Anna Johns, posted Jan 13th 2006 9:33AM
Dr. Phil is giving advice to people who are trying to find a mate on the internet. He's signed on to dish out pearls of wisdom to potential couples on Match.com. Subscribers who pay $13/month for premium service will have access to McGraw's tips. Of course, they won't be in written form. Dr. Phil's written words just don't deliver without his incredulous looks and his Texas accent. His tips to daters will be in the form of 50 video clips, covering topics from communication, first impressions, and meaningful conversations. One of Dr. Phil's tidbits: "If you want to be a winner in love, you want to be a winner in relationships, then do what it takes." People have to pay $13/month for that crap?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- Survivor's Remorse Renewed for Season 3 at Starz
- Bryan Cranston's Sneaky Pete Gets Amazon Series Order
- More From TVLine
- Kate Gosselin Weighs in on Justin Bieber's Copycat Hair: 'He Can Have It'
- People Won't Stop Commenting 'Miley, What's Good?' on Miley Cyrus' Instagram Pics
- Jennifer Garner Looks Fit and Happier Than Ever While Working Out
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Kevin From Work': First Look at Fred Willard's Outrageous Guest Role!
- Avril Lavigne Announces Separation From Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- More From ET