March 6, 2015
by Jonathan Toomey, posted May 25th 2009 10:00AM
During the pilot episode of the new FOX drama Mental, Annabella Sciorra's Dr. Nora Skoff tells Chris Vance's Dr. Jack Gallagher that his recent decision to strip down butt-naked to help a patient deserves some of her Harvard business school advice - ask for royalties because the video of it is sure to be more popular than Paris Hilton's sex tape. To that, I offer some insight from a Syracuse University TV production graduate - there's a reason FOX held off on premiering Mental until the summer. It's not very good.
by Anna Johns, posted Jan 13th 2006 9:33AM
Dr. Phil is giving advice to people who are trying to find a mate on the internet. He's signed on to dish out pearls of wisdom to potential couples on Match.com. Subscribers who pay $13/month for premium service will have access to McGraw's tips. Of course, they won't be in written form. Dr. Phil's written words just don't deliver without his incredulous looks and his Texas accent. His tips to daters will be in the form of 50 video clips, covering topics from communication, first impressions, and meaningful conversations. One of Dr. Phil's tidbits: "If you want to be a winner in love, you want to be a winner in relationships, then do what it takes." People have to pay $13/month for that crap?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pilot Scoop: Melanie Griffith Lands 'Queenly' Role on ABC Comedy
- Happyish: Showtime Series' Trailer Has Harsh Words for a Founding Father
- Pretty Little Liars Season Finale Photos: Rosewood Braces for the Big 'A' Reveal
- Jane the Virgin's Justin Baldoni on the Big Proposal, Losing to Team Michael
- Hannibal Season 3 Premiere Date Set
- More From TVLine
- Cate Blanchett Adopts a Baby Girl -- Find Out Her Adorable Name!
- Kanye West Might Have a Thing for Draco Malfoy Hair and We Can Prove It
- 3 Fresh Hairstyles to Try for Spring!
- Did Aaron Carter Just Call Out Hilary Duff on Twitter?
- ‘Looking' Love Triangle: Find Out the Fate of Your Favorite Couples!
- More From ET