August 1, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Battle of the Block?
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy's Final Season Poster Teases Grim Future for Jax
- Nashville Season 3 Premiere to Feature Two Live Cast Performances
- Syfy's Z Nation Trailer: First Look at TV's Next Zombie Thriller
- Scoop: CSI: Cyber Adds Peter MacNicol as a Series Regular
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- More From TVLine