January 27, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Episode 2.10 Photos: Clarke and Lexa Partner Up
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.19 Photos: What's Going on With Mike?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.13 Photos: Bonnie's Birthday
- 'Glee' Episode 6.7 Photos: Will Teaches a Lesson About Tolerance
- 'The Blacklist' Post-Super Bowl Episode Photos: Will Liz and the Team Save Reddington in Time?
- More From BuddyTV
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Benedict Cumberbatch Apologizes for Referring to Non-White Actors as 'Colored'
- EXCLUSIVE! Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner: 'He's the Happiest I've Ever Seen Him'
- Keira Knightley Reveals Her Name Is a Mistake: I'm a Spelling Error
- Is Blink-182's Tom DeLonge Leaving the Band?
- More From ET