queen of england
"I'm from Canada, we've got a queen, she lives in England," McDonald told Jon Stewart. "I swear to God I can get two or three dozen buddies of mine, we can go over to Buckingham Palace, take over."
"I would totally do that with you," Stewart offered.
A lot of stories are popping up about the scene in the most recent episode of South Park that shows the Queen of England putting a pistol in her mouth and blowing skull fragments and brain matter all over the wall behind her. These stories, mostly coming from the UK, tell of the "controversial" scene and how it "shocked viewers."
And yet, not a single one of these stories, from what I can tell, gives any real evidence that the scene in question stirred up any controversy whatsoever. The stories merely suggest that, given the series' knack for courting controversy, people were probably bothered by the Queen's suicide, as well.
I'm not from the UK, but I am a South Park fan, and as I said in my review of the episode, the Queen's suicide was so quintessentially South Park I hardly batted an eye. If anything, the whole sequence seemed a little too easy, especially by South Park standards. I'll admit I'm not easily offended, but South Park hasn't shocked or surprised me in several years. That's not a slag against the show, it just means I'm tuned into its sensibility.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Live Blog: The Top 9 (and Kelly Clarkson) Sing the Songs of Kelly Clarkson
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.20 Photos: What Happens When Victoria Reaches Her Breaking Point?
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Tricksters'
- CBS Sets 2015 Season Finale Dates for 'The Good Wife,' 'Survivor' and More
- [Video] David Duchovny Reveals 2 More Characters Returning to 'The X-Files'
- More From BuddyTV
- American Idol Recap: I Don't Think You're Ready for This Kelly
- Arrow Recap: Better Off Dead — Plus, New Clues About Felicity's Dad?
- Revenge Recruits Tom Amandes for Everwood Reunion — See Photo
- The Blacklist First Look: Is Tom Winning Liz Over — For a Second Time?
- Michelle Pfeiffer Attached to Star in Morning Show Comedy From Katie Couric and Murphy Brown Scribe
- More From TVLine
- 7 Things You May Not Know About the Troubled Getty Family
- How Arnold Schwarzenegger Got Into 'Terminator' Shape 30 Years Later
- Vin Diesel Boldly Compares 'Furious 7' to 'Titanic'
- LL Cool J Gears Up for 'Lip Sync Battle's' Epic Star-Studded Premiere
- Pharrell Williams Meets His 'Spooky' Wax Figure
- More From ET