Each week, viewers will get to watch as two inventions go from idea to reality, and even get to see how successful the product launches have been for the inventions.
The premiere spotlighted the bendable power strip, Pivot Power, and a new approach to straining food, which was concocted by a middle-class mom.
Well, it's Quirky's mission to make those ideas a reality, thanks to inventor-turned-entrepreneur Ben Kaufman.
After launching a successful product while still in high school (his retractable lanyard headphones, Song Sling, got made and sold thanks to his parents re-mortgaging their home), Kaufman decided to give other people a place to brainstorm ideas and support inventions: Quirky.com.
Now TV viewers will get to see what happens behind-the-scenes on 'Quirky' (premieres Tues., Aug. 30, 10PM ET on Sundance Channel), a six-episode docu-series following Kaufman and his team as they develop two new ideas each episode, from inception through production and marketing.
I caught up with Kaufman to hear about the smart products we'll see on the show and his favorite Quirky success story.
The New York Times has an interesting piece on the phenomenon of celebrities bestowing weird and unique names upon their children. My stance for the longest time was that giving your child names like "Pilot Inspektor" (Jason Lee's kid) or "Moxie CrimeFighter" (that's magician Penn Jillette's little girl) was essentially like turning your child into a walking billboard to advertise your own fertile imagination. However, I've had to lighten up on that stance recently, since this has become the new rule for baby naming these days, including my own family. Besides, I can't help but admit that "Moxie CrimeFighter" is a pretty awesome name.
Also, perhaps it's jealousy. My name is Adam, which I like just fine, but it lacks that certain je ne sais quoi. That's why I've teamed up with NASA scientists to devise a method of coming up with a suitable "Hollywood" name for yourself or your children, if you have any. Here's what to do:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' and 'About a Boy' dip Tuesday while 'Agents of SHIELD' improves
- Backstage at 'Saturday Night Live': Lena Dunham reveals Adam might die on 'Girls' next season?
- 'Arrow' Season 2, episode 16: Is Harley Quinn in the 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Orphan Black' Season 2: Sarah has a 'dangerous' romance with Cal, says Michiel Huisman
- 'Real World: Ex-Plosion' exclusive clip: Watch Hailey make moves on Tom
- More From Zap2it
- Scoop: Covert Affairs Adds Body of Proof Alum as Series Regular, Annie's New Romantic Interest
- Pilot Scoop: Once Upon a Time's Rose McIver Lands Lead Role in The CW's iZombie
- Idol's Emily Piriz Talks 'Stars,' Harsh Harry's Shaming and the Decision to Cover J.Lo
- Big Bang Theory Renewed for 3 More Seasons
- Ratings: Glee Hits Low, S.H.I.E.L.D. Rises, The Voice Lowers But Chicago Fire Ticks Up
- More From TVLine