You may not have realized it after coming off of your President's Day Booze and Beef BBQ, but February 17th was the voluntary day for television stations to turn off those piddly analog signals and crank up their digital ones. Other than one guy shooting his television over the conversion, the switchover of about a quarter of the 1800 television stations in the U.S. went off fairly smoothly. Course, this was just the dress rehearsal. The real performance will be on June 12th, which has become the new 'no change' cut over date.
Being a proud citizen of the United States, I thought I'd take your pulse once again and find out if any stations in your viewing area cut over on Tuesday. If they did, and you were one of those remaining folks without a cable hookup, did you encounter any problems with your new digital converter box? Also, just out of curiosity, was there one major market station that remained in analog mode while the others jumped into the digital pool?
Come on, Americans! Let your voice ring out on this matter.
Personally, I like DirecTV and TiVo
[Via Lost Remote]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Latin Night Performance Rankings
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'Habeas Corpse'
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': Kim Richards Lashes Out During Reunion Show
- More From BuddyTV
- Comedy Central Backs Daily Show Successor Trevor Noah in Twitter Flap
- TVLine Items: Marvel's Luke Cage Gets Boss, Devious New Night and More
- CBS, General Hospital Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations
- The Americans Renewed for Season 4
- New Girl Renewed for Season 5 at Fox as John Cho Joins Guest Cast
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber: ‘I Lost Hope For A While, I Was In A Dark Place'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- This Mom Apologized on Facebook for Her Kid's Behavior at the Movies and 'Broke the Internet'
- Olivia Wilde on Her Perfect Post-Baby Body: 'I'm Softer Than I've Ever Been'
- Jill Duggar Is 6 Days Overdue, Celebrates Her One-Year Engagement Anniversary
- More From ET