That win came in 2002 for the movie 'Monsters, Inc,' while this was another Pixar collaboration: 'Toy Story 3.' He performed the song 'We Belong Together' earlier in the show, and said it was indicative of his desire to be "good television."
Unfortunately, he was advised by the Academy that "it's not really good television to take a list out of your pocket and thank a lot of people."
After the jump ... Remember this pop cultural gem (video below) that gained traction on the Net not too long ago? The sheer oddity of the clip alone forces us to ask ourselves several questions: do these people all live together? Why is Marla Gibbs dressed like an astronaut? Does Bea Arthur do everybody's shoppingl? CAN'T NELL CARTER JUST SIT DOWN AND REST HER FEET FOR A SECOND? (Seriously, give her a break!)
After the press conference, the cast was shuffled into a larger gymnasium filled with what the organizers said was 3000 people. I'm going to tell you this right now: the Cast Q & A was unwatchable.
This was because after every single thing any one of the cast members said, the entire audience of 3000 people would hoot and holler with almost religious excitement. When Darryl got up and kissed Kelly, I half expected the majority of those in attendance to fall to the floor shouting in tongues.
"Super bad guys
Try to crush us
Fight for freedom
And for justice."
For some reason, network promos and commercials have been seared in my mind. I remember pretty much all of them, going back to the late 70s. The ABC promo after the jump is completely new to me though. It looks like it's from around 1985 or 86, judging from Richard Dean Anderson's hair and the clips they show of early MacGyver episodes.
But the thing that's interesting about the promo is that they actually use Randy Newman's "I Love L.A." as the promo's theme song! Though it's not Newman singing the song. Listen to the lyrics and you'll see how crazy and lame network promos can be. (The slogan that fall on ABC was "You'll Love It!" Though I'll always have a soft spot for "Still The One!") The announcement that they'll return to The Concorde: Airport '79 is just icing on the cake.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Season 8: [Spoiler] Will Return in a 'Surprising' Way
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- More From TVLine
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Kim Kardashian Looks Identical to Kylie and Kendall Jenner in Shocking Split Pics
- Olivia Munn Shows Off Her Seriously Impressive 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Fighting Skills
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Valerie Cherish Try Her Hand at Decorating in a ‘Comeback' Deleted Scene
- Gwyneth Paltrow Defends Goop's 'Conscious Uncoupling' and Vaginal Steaming: 'We Are Creating Interesting Discussions'
- More From ET