That win came in 2002 for the movie 'Monsters, Inc,' while this was another Pixar collaboration: 'Toy Story 3.' He performed the song 'We Belong Together' earlier in the show, and said it was indicative of his desire to be "good television."
Unfortunately, he was advised by the Academy that "it's not really good television to take a list out of your pocket and thank a lot of people."
After the jump ... Remember this pop cultural gem (video below) that gained traction on the Net not too long ago? The sheer oddity of the clip alone forces us to ask ourselves several questions: do these people all live together? Why is Marla Gibbs dressed like an astronaut? Does Bea Arthur do everybody's shoppingl? CAN'T NELL CARTER JUST SIT DOWN AND REST HER FEET FOR A SECOND? (Seriously, give her a break!)
After the press conference, the cast was shuffled into a larger gymnasium filled with what the organizers said was 3000 people. I'm going to tell you this right now: the Cast Q & A was unwatchable.
This was because after every single thing any one of the cast members said, the entire audience of 3000 people would hoot and holler with almost religious excitement. When Darryl got up and kissed Kelly, I half expected the majority of those in attendance to fall to the floor shouting in tongues.
"Super bad guys
Try to crush us
Fight for freedom
And for justice."
For some reason, network promos and commercials have been seared in my mind. I remember pretty much all of them, going back to the late 70s. The ABC promo after the jump is completely new to me though. It looks like it's from around 1985 or 86, judging from Richard Dean Anderson's hair and the clips they show of early MacGyver episodes.
But the thing that's interesting about the promo is that they actually use Randy Newman's "I Love L.A." as the promo's theme song! Though it's not Newman singing the song. Listen to the lyrics and you'll see how crazy and lame network promos can be. (The slogan that fall on ABC was "You'll Love It!" Though I'll always have a soft spot for "Still The One!") The announcement that they'll return to The Concorde: Airport '79 is just icing on the cake.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lauren Graham Lands Odd Couple Gig as Matthew Perry's Ex-Wife
- Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops
- TLC Cancels Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: Olivia, Alicia and 8 Other Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- More From TVLine
- Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter After Death Threats Over Controversial Tweet
- 'Potty-Mouth Princess' Director and Child Star's Mom Defend Controversial Campaign
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- More From ET