July 3, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fall TV: Reign vs. Undateable vs. Race, and Friday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- More From TVLine
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Put Family First with Post-Split Bahamas Getaway
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Designer Marc Jacobs Won't Be Shamed For Accidental Nude Shot on Instagram
- Why Is Sam Smith Sharing Photos of A Naked Woman on Instagram?
- Calvin Harris Confirms Taylor Swift Can Do Anything in First Instagram Pic
- More From ET