September 1, 2014
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- More From TVLine