October 4, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Nets Best Early Numbers Since January
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Make First Public Appearance As a Married Couple
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Shows Off His Beach Bod in Malibu
- Kaley Cuoco Channels Luke Skywalker As She's Crowned Masters' Charity Pro-Am Winner
- Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick Welcome Baby Boy
- More From ET