March 2, 2015
by Debra McDuffee, posted Jan 6th 2009 11:02AM
Random House defines outrageous as highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable. It's as though they've been watching TV, and wrote their definition to fit some of the crazy characters on television shows today.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I love these larger-than-life characters, played to perfection by the talented actors who grace these roles. Some fit in perfectly with their surroundings, others stand out like a sore thumb amongst castmates. One thing they all have in common, though, is that watching them is pure entertainment.
Patrick Jane (played by Simon Baker on The Mentalist)
Jane doesn't quite have the social graces to blend into society, and that's why I love him. The frumpy suits, the obnoxious antics, and the constant pushing of the envelope make for some good TV. From card counting in the casino to reading Lisbon's mind; hypnotizing suspects to making a sandwich in a victim's home, Jane's done it all. Unconventional, to say the least.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 19 Moments of Queens, Creatures and Curses from 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
- 'House of Cards' Season 3 Review: Presidential Drama Leads to Best Season Yet
- 'The Following' Interview: EP Alexi Hawley Teases You Won't Know Where the Danger is Coming From This Season
- Should 'Sleepy Hollow' Be Renewed for Season 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Netflix Sets Dates for OITNB Season 3, Wet Hot American Summer & More
- Orphan Black Season 3 Trailer Reveals the Clones' Terrifying New Threat
- TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Go Pop, Dreadful New Posters and More
- Sharknado 3: Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter Cast as Leaders of the United States
- Ratings: Last Man Leads Night, Once Returns Up, CBS Dramas Slip
- More From TVLine