"I told Pierce a thousand times I never wanted to meet Levar in person! I just wanted a picture! You can't disappoint a picture!" rages Troy during a meltdown later. Then, he hugs himself in a bathroom while singing the theme from 'Reading Rainbow.'
Yes, word on the street is that there may be a new version of 'Reading Rainbow' coming to your television sets soon. And by "the street" we mean "LeVar Burton's Twitter feed." Details are sketchy, which is bound to happen when you break news with a 140 character limit, but according to Burton himself, "Reading Rainbow 2.0 is in th [sic] works!"
You can start by getting them to watch one of these latest recommendations from the new 'Reading Rainbow' recommended reading series. WARNING: TV Squad will not be held responsible for the emotional harm caused by this series. Besides, it's really Funny or Die's fault for posting them, so sue them.
According to NPR, the children's program is being cut from the PBS stable of educational programming because of ... wait for it ... the Bush administration.
It's always been a dream of mine to take a road trip to Tennessee to visit Graceland and Dollywood -- a white trash pilgrimage of sorts. I don't foresee that happening any time soon, so I'll make do with American Idol's homage to Elvis, and keep my fingers crossed for Dolly's night next season.
Everything about tonight was backwards -- the favorites sorta sucked, and Elliott finally found his moment to shine. My crappy internet connection keeps going out, so enough of the pleasantries...let's do this!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Under the Dome Recap: Going Viral
- Teen Wolf Recap: War Games
- Mistresses Recap: 50 Shades of 'Nay!'
- Fargo Renewed for Season 2 Prequel — New Details on Time Period, Returning Characters
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Paul Deen Announces Launch Date of New Network
- Watch Kim Kardashian Freak Out and Cry in Thailand Over a Zip Line
- The Anatomy of a Rumor: Could This be the End of Jay Z & Beyonce?
- The Power of Faith Based Films
- Dwayne Johnson on the Fanny Pack & Why His Next Movie Might be a Musical
- More From ET