The last piece of major 'Charlie's Angels' casting has fallen into place with the news that 'The Wire' alum, Ramón Rodríguez, has been cast as Bosley.
According to TVLine.com, Rodríguez's verison of Bosley will be "a charming and funny guy with 'GQ' looks and Peter Pan smile who has great hacking skills and technical knowledge." So, just like David Doyle's character in the original, then?
Rodriguez joins previously cast Minka Kelly ('Friday Night Lights'), Rachael Taylor ('Transformers') and Annie Ilonzeh ('General Hospital') in the new series.
And, if reports are true, he'll be taking orders from Robert Wagner, who's said to be in talks to play the eponymous Charlie.
Last week we reported that original 'Dallas' stars Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray had signed on for the update, and now we hear that producers are close to casting the pivotal role of Bobby and Pam Ewing's son, Christopher.
According to TVLine.com it's a two-horse race between Jesse Metcalfe and newcomer Alex Russell.
Producers say that the new 'Dallas' will focus on the next generation of the Ewing dynasty as they squabble over power, money and women. Josh Henderson has already signed on to play Christopher's cousin John Ross, with whom he and Jordana Brewster's character, Elena, become entangled in a love triangle.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- Mistresses Finale: EPs Talk Crazy Killer Reveal, Karen's Alternate Fate and (Fingers Crossed) Season 4 Plans
- Parks and Rec Producers Re-Team for Interracial Family Comedy at NBC
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- More From TVLine