A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice's' Cole Vosbury on being eliminated: 'I didn't want to let Blake Shelton down'
- Simon Cowell says 'The X Factor' Season 4 could be one night
- TV ratings: 'Victoria's Secret' steady for CBS Tuesday and 'Chicago Fire' hits series high in viewers
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas special trailer: 'If you want my life, come and get it'
- 'Agents of SHIELD': The cast's 20 best live tweets during 'The Bridge'
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts Prison Break Baddie Robert Knepper as DC Villain [Spoiler]
- Showtime's Episodes Renewed for Season 4
- Exclusive: Guy Pearce to Orbit Sean Saves the World as New Love Interest for Sean
- Hot Video: Doctor Who's Christmas Special Trailer Declares, 'Eleven's Hour Is Over Now'
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Eyes New Low, Chicago Fire Hits a High, Victoria's Secret Tops Tuesday
- More From TVLine