A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.9 Photos: Storybrooke Prepares for the Snow Queen's Curse
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET