A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Revolution': 23 Shocking Moments from 'Clue'
- 14 TV Characters Who Would Make Good Drinking Buddies
- 'Revolution' Recap: Monroe Reaches the Tower, Miles Finds the Traitor
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Heather's Big Night, Another Forgotten Fight
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 finale: McGarrett finds himself in a tight spot
- 'Bates Motel' finale recap: Season 1 episode 10 'Midnight' - Norman goes psycho
- 'Motive' premiere: Are you intrigued by the whys and wherefores?
- 'The Big C' series finale: 'Go get 2 forks' ... and some tissues, please
- 'Rectify' finale recap: Season 1 episode 6 'Jacob's Ladder' is about more than Daniel's guilt or innocence
- More From Zap2it