A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 25 Best (and 5 Worst) Moments from 'Big Brother 16'
- 15 Shocking Moments from 'Under the Dome' Season 2
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 2 Performance Rankings
- 'Faking It' Season 2 Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 16 Shocking and Emotional Moments from the Season 2 Premiere
- More From BuddyTV
- Syfy Orders to Series Alien Hunter Adaptation From Walking Dead EP
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Outlander, Bones, Grey's, Walking Dead, Chicago PD, Arrow and More
- It's Official: True Detective Season 2 to Star Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell
- Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman Praises Her Mindy Project Arc: 'This Is Funny Stuff'
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers But Sleepy Slips, Blacklist Returns Strong, Bang Still Very Big, Voice Drops
- More From TVLine
- Apparently Sexy Criminals Are A Thing Now
- Why Paula Deen Could Have One of the Biggest Comebacks in Media History
- Drake, Jay Z, Dr. Dre: Who's The Highest Paid Hip Hop Artist?
- Watch the Heartwarming Moment a Lion Recognizes the Man Who Rescued Her
- 'Forever' Review: The Perfect Blend of Charming and Dull
- More From ET