A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Reign' Episode 2.20 and 2.21 Photos: Mary Questions Everything After a Bittersweet Discovery
- 'Bones' Episode 10.16 Photos: The 206th Episode Will Name All 206 Bones in the Body
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.22 Photos: The Team is Surprised to Discover Gibbs' New Friend
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Co-Creators on [Spoiler's] Death, Team Hendrix's 'Suburban Madness' and More
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone Wants the Original Samples
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Luther the Anger Translator' Assists Obama at White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Star Sightings April 2015
- Internal Investigation Into Brian Williams Finds At Least 11 More Reporting 'Embellishments'
- Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Mess Around on 'Scream Queens' Set
- More From ET