A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Videos] 'Glee': Klaine Gets Stuck in an Elevator
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from the Mid-Season Premiere
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Moments of Love and Sacrifice from 'Prayer for the Dying'
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.12 Photos: Dean Becomes a Teenager
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer: Danerys' Destiny, Tyrion in Exile
- Ratings: Grey's, Scandal Return Up; Parenthood Finale and Mom Hit Highs
- World's Funniest Fails Sneak Peek: Fall Under the Spell of Adorable Puppies!
- LOL Video: Jimmy Kimmel Live & Friends Take the Air Out of Deflategate
- 'Super' NBC Promos: The Voice Meets Mad Max, The Blacklist, NPH and More
- More From TVLine