A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Battle of the Block?
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy's Final Season Poster Teases Grim Future for Jax
- Nashville Season 3 Premiere to Feature Two Live Cast Performances
- Syfy's Z Nation Trailer: First Look at TV's Next Zombie Thriller
- Scoop: CSI: Cyber Adds Peter MacNicol as a Series Regular
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- More From TVLine