A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Jason Gets Blindsided
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- Casting Bits: Familiar Faces on 'Fuller House', Chris Browning Joins 'Supergirl' and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Villain Cast, Finding Carter Return Date and More
- More From TVLine
- Rosie O'Donnell Draws From Her Real Life in 'The Fosters' Return
- Rashida Jones Reveals She Asked Robin Thicke to Prom, Then Dumped Him for Another Musician
- Teresa Giudice Files Malpractice Suit, Blames Lawyer for Her Incarceration
- Raven-Symone Says She Was Fat-Shamed as a 7-Year-Old
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- More From ET