A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- Girl Meets World Season Finale Recap: A Date With Destiny
- James Marsters Joins Jenji Kohan's HBO Drama Pilot The Devil You Know
- Killing Jesus Video: Kelsey Grammer's King Herod Meets His Maker
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Makes Sweet Music With NFL Star JJ Watt
- More From TVLine