A critic who reviewed this show said that there's nothing quite like it on television. I'd have to agree. It manages to be both a romantic, funny, likable, light comedy/drama and an edgier comedy with pointed barbs, quick and clever one-liners, and sharp pop culture/news references.
Is it like the moved Ed to New York City? Yeah, it actually is. Tom Cavanagh handles the Ed part (duh), it has the mix of comedy and drama, it has the pop/rock soundtrack, and Jason Priestly and Tom's sister even fill the Mike/Nancy roles (the marriage stuff, and he's even a doctor!). But it's just different enough too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- Why the 'Dancing with the Stars' Judges Are Ruining Season 18
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Mission Debrief: A 3-Person Race
- 'The Bachelorette' Contestant Eric Hill Dies After Paragliding Accident
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive Simpsons Promo: Homer Falls to Pieces in Special LEGO Episode
- What's Next For MTV's Faking It? The Stars Talk Secrets, Sacrifices and a 'Lesbian Sherpa'
- Pilot News: Meg Ryan to Narrate HIMYM Spin-Off How I Met Your Dad
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Will King Horik Turn Floki Against Ragnar?
- TVLine Items: VH1 Cancels Best Week Ever, NBC Plans Coldplay Concert Special and More
- More From TVLine
- Neil Patrick Harris Talks Heels & Glitter at Broadway Opening of 'Hedwig'
- Jodie Foster Marries Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Duchess of Cornwall Camilla's Brother Dead After Head Injury
- Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Wife Files for Legal Separation
- He's Back: Arnold Begins Production on 'Terminator' Reboot
- More From ET