TiNo. That's the word San Francisco Chronicle TV critic Tim Goodman has coined for shows that he has recorded on ohis DVR but hasn't watched yet. The shows that have been on there but you haven't watched yet, or the shows you've recorded and you're not even sure if you'll eventually get to them or not. (Funny how TiVo has now become the noun and the verb for recording TV shows on a DVR or PVR, whether or not it's actually a TiVo or not. Like how we call all bandages Band-Aids!)
I've TiNo'ed five episodes of Life on Mars. They've been on there for two months or so, but hopefully I'll get to them in the next month or so.
What shows have you TiNo'ed?
[UPDATE: The recording above has changed!]
While some people may consider his playlist shameless self promotion, I think it's a great way to learn about new music. Maybe that's because I happen to like the little snippets that I heard. Plus, he has also included some well-known performers such as Marvin Gaye, U2, and Sarah McLachlan.
Paris is prepared for a barrage of criticism when her album finally comes out (it was supposed to be in August but now there's no official date), but she says she sounds good and people will be surprised. You know what would surprise me? If she just drifted off into obscurity.
What I am about to say may come as a surprise, because we have spent three wonderful years together. There really were some good times. Remember when you thought I would like Rikki Lake because I had a season pass to Survivor and American Idol? We had a good laugh then, didn't we? I'll never forget the first time you remembered to record Scrubs for me when I couldn't make it home in time to watch. And, how about the time we upgraded our satellite to a dual input and you really got to show off how you could record two shows while we watched something from the Now Playing List? That was unforgettable.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TLC Cancels Honey Boo Boo
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: Olivia, Alicia and 8 Other Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- Helix Season 2 Video Teases New Viral Outbreak, Ominous Steven Weber
- Constantine: 5 Things to Know About NBC's Devilishly Irreverent Drama
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- More From ET