TiNo. That's the word San Francisco Chronicle TV critic Tim Goodman has coined for shows that he has recorded on ohis DVR but hasn't watched yet. The shows that have been on there but you haven't watched yet, or the shows you've recorded and you're not even sure if you'll eventually get to them or not. (Funny how TiVo has now become the noun and the verb for recording TV shows on a DVR or PVR, whether or not it's actually a TiVo or not. Like how we call all bandages Band-Aids!)
I've TiNo'ed five episodes of Life on Mars. They've been on there for two months or so, but hopefully I'll get to them in the next month or so.
What shows have you TiNo'ed?
[UPDATE: The recording above has changed!]
While some people may consider his playlist shameless self promotion, I think it's a great way to learn about new music. Maybe that's because I happen to like the little snippets that I heard. Plus, he has also included some well-known performers such as Marvin Gaye, U2, and Sarah McLachlan.
Paris is prepared for a barrage of criticism when her album finally comes out (it was supposed to be in August but now there's no official date), but she says she sounds good and people will be surprised. You know what would surprise me? If she just drifted off into obscurity.
What I am about to say may come as a surprise, because we have spent three wonderful years together. There really were some good times. Remember when you thought I would like Rikki Lake because I had a season pass to Survivor and American Idol? We had a good laugh then, didn't we? I'll never forget the first time you remembered to record Scrubs for me when I couldn't make it home in time to watch. And, how about the time we upgraded our satellite to a dual input and you really got to show off how you could record two shows while we watched something from the Now Playing List? That was unforgettable.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.4 Photos: What Does Wes Find Out About Rebecca's 'Disappearance'?
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- More From BuddyTV
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 3
- Halt and Catch Fire Scores Season 3 Renewal Amid Showrunner Switch
- Twin Peaks Recasts Major Role for Revival (and It's a Total Bummer)
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick Calls Nude Kourtney Kardashian a 'Hot Mama'
- Lance Bass Clarifies 'Inappropriate Touching' Comments: 'No One From *NSYNC Was Molested'
- Janet Jackson and N.W.A. Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peek: Hook and Emma Relive Their First Date -- And It's Intense!
- More From ET