A few weeks ago, Joel talked about the appeal of Password. Perhaps, it's the celebrities they secured to come play: Neil Patrick Harris, Rachel Ray, Betty White, Tony Hawk and Rosie O'Donnell. But I think it's the power of the Regis. Everything that man touches turns to gold. Remember the craze that accompanied Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? I can't hear that theme music and envision the dramatic lights even now as I write this.
Million Dollar Password airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on CBS. Are you hooked enough to watch six more episodes?
Apparently, holding the Guinness World Record for the most time spent in front of a television camera isn't enough. The AP is now reporting that 76-year old Regis Philbin has been signed to host the red carpet show for the upcoming Oscars. Dennis Doty, producer of the show, says he's a great host because "he knows everyone, and everyone loves Regis." The arrivals show for the 80th Annual Academy Awards airs at 5/4c February 24, 2008 on ABC.
I bet Ryan Seacrest is pissed. How dare a hosting gig come up and not be his. How do they expect him to become the new king of all media? But Philbin is one of the most beloved people. I mean seriously, does anyone not like the man? How do you achieve that level of likeability, anyway? I can tell you from personal experience it's not achieved by offering free back massages to everyone you meet. And I thought everyone liked massages, but no! Apparently, they like restraining orders more.
[via Yahoo! ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine