The season two finale is a good example of that. All season long, we'd been teased about a showdown between Patty Hewes (Glenn Close) and Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne). But did it turn out the way you thought it would?
If you haven't watched season two yet, read no further. Spoilers after the jump.
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that former '24' stars Reiko Aylesworth and Sarah Wynter will join Martin Short, Campbell Scott, Keith Carradine and Lily Tomlin in the show's upcoming third season, premiering in January.
Wynter, who played Kate Warner on '24,' will reportedly guest as a security specialist who helps an assistant district attorney (Short) tackle a financial scheme. Aylesworth, who also had roles on 'ER' and 'Lost,' will portray the wife of Scott's character.
(S05E08) "Yeah, thanks anyway Plato." - Sawyer
I think the best way to describe this episode was safe. Nothing crazy or out of place happened and you knew how it was going to end the second it began. Think of it this way - when we first started watching Lost, it was like dumping a giant puzzle onto the floor. At this point, the entire puzzle is assembled, and for the most part, we can almost see the big picture, save for a bunch of pieces that are still missing. "LaFleur" was one of those pieces.
New York Magazine -- which has been running a weekly 24 "Absurd-O-Meter" to mock scenes the writers find ridiculous -- interviewed actress Reiko Aylesworth whose character, Michelle Dessler, was killed at the beginning on the fifth season, shocking many fans.
When asked whether she'd ever read an unrealistic "What the hell?" type of script for a 24 episode, Aylesworth said yes, pointing to a season when her character was supposed to become suicidal in a single day. She added that a lot of proposed material that she and others found absurd didn't wind up in the episodes.
"The entire show is a series of, 'Oh come on!'s," Aylesworth said. "It's really James Bond on crack. They do have a lot of realistic elements, but the show is complete fantasy."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- Ratings: Extant Returns to Series Lows
- Fall TV: Heroes vs. Big Bang vs. Greys, and Thursday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Wet Hot American Summer: See the Star-Packed (NSFW) Trailer & Poster
- Sesame Street Vet 'Maria' to Exit
- More From TVLine
- 'Graceland' Star Aaron Tveit on Mike's Struggles: His Darkest Days Are Still Ahead
- Amanda Seyfried Really Wants a Child: 'I Keep Feeling Like My Eggs Are Dying Off'
- Michael Fassbender Portrays a Smug Steve Jobs in First Trailer for Highly Anticipated Biopic
- They Don't Age! Bradley Cooper and Co-Stars Have Never Looked Younger in New 'Wet Hot American Summer' Trailer
- Robin Thicke Says He's Embarrassed By Attempts to Get Paula Patton Back
- More From ET