April 23, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jun 7th 2006 3:33PM
Apparently freelance writer Ben Schwartz has had his blog rejectedjokes.com going for over a year now, but this was the first I heard of it, thanks to Best Week Ever. Schwartz, a freelance writer who contributes to Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" segment and David Letterman's monologues, knows what all freelance writers know, which is that you're going to see a lot more rejection than acceptance. Rather than mope about it, however, he posts videos of himself telling these rejected jokes. While I can see why some of these jokes would be denied by the likes of Letterman, most of them are still pretty funny, I think. Oh yeah, and due to some weird contractual thing, he's not able to post the jokes until a year later, which is kind of a bummer, but the blog is still worth checking out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- NBC's Crossbones Sets Sail With First Trailer: See John Malkovich as Blackbeard
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET