March 6, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jun 7th 2006 3:33PM
Apparently freelance writer Ben Schwartz has had his blog rejectedjokes.com going for over a year now, but this was the first I heard of it, thanks to Best Week Ever. Schwartz, a freelance writer who contributes to Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" segment and David Letterman's monologues, knows what all freelance writers know, which is that you're going to see a lot more rejection than acceptance. Rather than mope about it, however, he posts videos of himself telling these rejected jokes. While I can see why some of these jokes would be denied by the likes of Letterman, most of them are still pretty funny, I think. Oh yeah, and due to some weird contractual thing, he's not able to post the jokes until a year later, which is kind of a bummer, but the blog is still worth checking out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- Transgender Women Share Their Personal Stories with ET Special Correspondent Janet Mock
- Martha Stewart, Shaquille O'Neal to Roast Justin Bieber
- Josh Duhamel Gushes About Baby Axl, Says He Wants More Kids
- FLASHBACK: Harrison Ford Talks About Flying With Caution in ‘99
- 'Scandal' Tackles Ferguson Controversy With Episode Centered on Police Shooting
- More From ET