February 1, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jun 7th 2006 3:33PM
Apparently freelance writer Ben Schwartz has had his blog rejectedjokes.com going for over a year now, but this was the first I heard of it, thanks to Best Week Ever. Schwartz, a freelance writer who contributes to Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" segment and David Letterman's monologues, knows what all freelance writers know, which is that you're going to see a lot more rejection than acceptance. Rather than mope about it, however, he posts videos of himself telling these rejected jokes. While I can see why some of these jokes would be denied by the likes of Letterman, most of them are still pretty funny, I think. Oh yeah, and due to some weird contractual thing, he's not able to post the jokes until a year later, which is kind of a bummer, but the blog is still worth checking out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot News: ABC Orders Uncle Buck Adaptation, Gay Gym Teacher Comedy
- Quotes of the Week From Agent Carter, Arrow, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and More!
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches!
- Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- More From TVLine
- Johnny Weir's Super Bowl Look Wows
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Reportedly Told to Prepare for the Worst
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Chrissy Teigen & John Legend Hit Up Waffle House
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Harry Styles Turns 21: Relive His Cutest 6 Moments of the Past Year!
- More From ET