According to Entertainment Weekly, the episode is still being written so the roles are still taking shape.
Earlier this season Gervais reprised his role of David Brent from the UK version of 'The Office' and made a brief cameo opposite Steve Carell's Michael Scott. EW's source warned that viewers shouldn't assume Gervais or Arnett will play the new boss of Dunder Mifflin.
In other casting news ...
• Danny Bonaduce, Shannen Doherty and Barry Williams will star in new Syfy TV movies. Williams and Bonaduce will hunt Bigfoot and Doherty will star in 'Gretl' as the long lost sister of Hansel. Syfy is also prepping flicks about zombies and leprechauns. [TV Guide]
• Natasha Henstridge is heading to The CW's 'Secret Circle.' In the pilot, Henstridge will play the vice principal of New Salem High School, somebody who is familiar with the witch coven. [TVLine]
• Elizabeth Perkins will star opposite Michael Chiklis in CBS's 'Vince Uncensored.' The former 'Weeds' star will play Janet, a teacher and wife to Chiklis' Vince. The pilot follows Vince as he starts changing the way he lives his life after a medical problem. [Deadline]
Jason Isaacs is preparing to return to TV screens with the lead role in NBC's new drama pilot, 'REM.'
Isaacs was one of the hottest properties around this pilot season, and he was reportedly offered a half-dozen roles to pick from before plumping for 'REM.' It's described as an 'Inception'-style thriller, which centers on a cop (Isaacs) who wakes up after an accident to find he is living in two different realities.
The new drama is the latest creation from 'Lone Star' writer Kyle Killen, and will be exec-produced by former '24' showrunner Howard Gordon. In addition to starring, Isaacs will also serve as producer on the project.
After the jump, Kimmel shows all the best parts of Leno's interview, with help from REM.
It used to be that a band would debut a new song either on a tape that they handed out to fans at a club or on a radio station. Now they're debuting on cable news shows.
REM will debut their new song "Until The Day Is Done" tonight at 10 on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. This isn't the first time they've used Cooper's show to debut something. The "Bad Day" video was first seen on the show five years ago. Tonight the song will be used during scenes from the special Planet in Peril.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Pike Has Big News for Lisbon — and It's Not Good
- Pilot News: Ian Gomez Books CBS Comedy Pilot Cuz-Bros – Is This Bad Omen for Cougar Town?
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET