According to TVLine, NBC is currently finalizing a deal to bring the fan favorite back for at least 13 more episodes this fall.
Although there's been no word yet from NBC, the network is expected to announce the new series order Sunday.
After four years of so-so ratings it was widely expected that 'Chuck' would be cancelled, and fans have been bracing themselves for the worst.
The network announced today that the medical drama will be back in the fall with all of its main cast in tact.
"Over the past seven seasons, 'House' has redefined the medical drama and has given us one of television's most compelling and iconic characters," said Fox President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly in a press release.
"From the producers to the incredible writers to the unbelievably talented cast and crew, the 'House' team is fearless in its creativity and I can't wait to see what they have in store next year."
Showtime has renewed the series, about the scandal-ridden reign of Pope Alexander VI, for a second season.
The series, set in 1492 Italy, stars a charismatic Jeremy Irons as the Spanish patriarch Rodrigo Borgia, who eventually becomes the head of the Catholic Church. David Oakes, François Arnaud, Holliday Grainger, Lotte Verbeek and Aidan Alexander also star.
'The Borgias' drew an audience of more than 1 million to its April 3 premiere, Showtime's best ratings for a drama series premiere in seven years.
HBO announced today that it has renewed the animated 'The Ricky Gervais Show,' which features the voices of Gervais and friends Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington, for a third season.
'The Ricky Gervais Show' airs Friday nights at 9PM ET, and will conclude its second season next week. The series is based on The Ricky Gervais Podcast, which passed the 300-million-download mark last month, according to HBO.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, MTV is currently casting season 26 and gave a green light to seasons 27 and 28. Season 25, set in Las Vegas, is currently airing on MTV.
Although in many minds 'Jersey Shore' has taken 'Real World''s place in the pop culture landscape, the latest 'Real World' has brought in around 2 million viewers. They're not 'Jersey Shore'-level numbers, but still OK for an MTV series.
"'Dexter' is the best suspense drama on television," Showtime President of Entertainment David Nevins said in a statement. "To grow its audience so significantly in its fifth season is an enormous accomplishment by this amazing cast and crew. This is the easiest decision I've made since I got to Showtime."
'B&B' has a unique place in the soap opera landscape these days -- it's the last of the 30-minute daytime dramas. Bradley Bell, who took over the show from his parents, William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell, has thrived by working in the shorter format.
As recently as 2008, he told me in an interview that he preferred keeping 'B&B' to half an hour. CBS seems to concur, because while hour shows like 'Guiding Light' and 'As the World Turns' have been canceled, 'B&B' remains unscathed.
"In my mind, it is [the final season]," Kohan told TV Guide after last night's season 6 finale. "Everyone's contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I'd rather leave while on top. I'd never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it."
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the fourth season of 'Wipeout' will feature two new obstacle courses, with challenges called the Lawn Mower and Sky Scraper Slide. 'Wipeout,' airing two nights a week this summer, has garnered a 3.0 rating in adults 18-49 (after adding in DVR viewings).
In other TV news ...
• Rosie O'Donnell is making a surprise return to Lifetime's 'Drop Dead Diva' this Sunday. O'Donnell will reprise her role of Judge Madeline Summers and lend a hand to Jane. [TV Guide]
• Adrian Grenier will guest star on '90210.' The 'Entourage' star and his band The Honey Brothers are set to rock a birthday party for Naomi. [Ausiello Files]
• Kate Micucci will join the cast of Fox's new series 'Raising Hope.' Micucci has been seen on 'Scrubs' and 'Til Death' and was originally cast as a different character in the series, but the role was recast. Micucci will play Shelly, an owner of a doggy/baby day care. [Live Feed]
• 'Next Food Network Star' contestant Tom Pizzica is getting his own show. The travel series, 'Outrageous Food,' will debut in November and focus on bizarre eats from around the globe. [Reality Blurred]
Canceled: After seven seasons, CBS pulled the plug on 'Cold Case.' Despite a loyal fan base, ratings fell during its tenure on TV. The show averaged 14.18 million viewers in its first season, but slumped to 9.55 during its seventh and most recent. Falling ratings and high production costs are likely to blame here.
Canceled: Despite insider predictions that the show was safe, Jennifer Love Hewitt's 'Ghost Whisperer' will not return next season. The show aired on Friday nights, a night many consider the place shows go to die, and flourished. Over five seasons it averaged approximately 10 million viewers. While not great numbers by CBS standards, they were good for a Friday night -- though apparently not good enough to warrant a sixth season. UPDATE: According to the Ausiello Files, ABC may save 'Ghost Whisperer,' though no official decision has been made.
That would make for a very solid night of comedy, likely Wednesday again, which is what worked so well this season for ABC -- with the exception of Kelsey Grammer's woeful 'Hank,' which was mercifully axed by ABC last November.
The season finale on April 11 was the number one program in the 18-49 rating, the one that TV execs covet the most. Therefore, you can understand why 'Undercover Boss' easily earned a second season renewal. It won't be a mid-season drop in, either. You watch, it's going to be on the CBS upfront schedule for the fall.
For those of you seeking to vacation in New York City, in the event that you hail a cab while in town you may get a chance to win a couple of thousand dollars and have Ben Bailey at your driver. 'Cash Cab' has been renewed for a sixth season.
Admittedly I'm a bit biased about this news as I was once a contestant on the show before coming to TV Squad. In the event that you do get on the show next season, please leave Ben Bailey a nice tip when the ride is done as I forgot to.
Hopefully the producers will give a little variety to the show, such as when they did 'Cash Cab at Night.' One recommendation would be to use other cities as locations for the show rather than New York City, and I say this as someone who loves New York. Other cities have clubs and restaurants that would love to sponsor the concept.
According to The Wrap, ABC-owned stations have reached a two-year renewal deal with CBS Television Distribution to keep the shows on Disney TV stations through the 2013-14 season. 'Wheel' host Pat Sajak and 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek have also extended their contracts with Sony Pictures Television, the producer of the two shows.
However, CBS Television Distribution also needs to renew 'Wheel' and 'Jeopardy!' to many non-ABC stations that air the show.
This is all a way to explain the following: ABC has renewed 'Castle' for another season. ABC is not just jumping on a strong pairing of 'Dancing' and 'Castle,' because you can't count on that always being the best draw of a Monday night.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- Constantine's Matt Ryan Talks Meeting Zed, Losing His Clothes and Reuniting the Newcastle Crew
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Will Belle Betray Rumplestiltskin?
- The Colbert Report's End Date Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- Is Jessica Biel Pregnant? New Tweet Fuels Baby Rumors
- How Long Will Robert Downey Jr. Play Iron Man?
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- More From ET