NBC / Universal Pictures is making available full-size replicas of the familiar Cylon Centurions, both the one from the original Battlestar Galactica series and the series airing now on Sci Fi. These suckers stand at seven feet tall and weigh around 300 pounds, made of fiberglass and even sport red LED lights in the visor.
The company making these replicas, Fred Barton Productions, produces a bunch of other familiar replica-robots. They have Robot B-9 from Lost in Space, some Silent Running drones, Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still, Robby the Robot, C3PO & R2D2, and Tobor the Great.
So, how much will this set you back? Try $7900 fraking clams. Sadly for many, there's no skinjob Cylon model replicas at the store. I imagine the Sixes and Eights would have been sold out by now. And I don't want to even imagine what would be done with them.
[via THR LiveFeed]
See that Bart Simpson puppet on the right? I want it. I mean, I really want it. Unfortunately, it belongs to Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson, so I'll have to use all my ninja cunning to sneak into her home and steal it from her.
The puppet is the creation of Jarrod Boutcher, who makes both replicas and original puppets, though he doesn't sell the replicas. Usually when you see "replicas" of the Muppets, they're not that good, but damn, Boutcher's puppets all pretty much look exactly like the real thing. I would kill for that Oscar the Grouch. Seriously, I would end another person's life for it. I know that's not really the "Sesame Street way" but where else are you going to find something that cool?
Even though you can't purchase any of his replicas, Boutcher does create original, custom-made puppets for a price. If someone from the Muppets is reading this: get this kid a job, already.
[via Jeff Pidgeon]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice': Tessanne Chin talks 'therapeutic' semi-finals performance, brunch at Adam Levine's house
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says Matt Smith is final Doctor, what about Peter Capaldi?
- 'WWE RAW' Dec. 9: Daniel Bryan dominates the Slammy Awards and the show
- 'The Sing-Off': Meet Home Free, the first country a cappella group
- 'Sing-Off': Princeton Footnotes''I Knew You Were Trouble' not enough to save them
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tuesday: Sons of Anarchy and 3 Other Finales, a Chicago Fire Fight and More
- The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Performance Recap: Keep Calm and 'Carry On' [Updated]
- Sleepy Hollow: More Corbin? Suspect Sin Eater? An Ichabbie Weekend? And More Burning Qs
- More From TVLine