(S02E06) This episode dealt with the line between faith and reason, which may be why I wasn't as drawn to it as other episodes. I thought it was a good episode, but the way in which the citizens of Moralton use fractured reasoning to explain their religious beliefs has been a major component of the show since it began. This episode merely brought that idea to the forefront, and while it was still funny, there wasn't much to surprise a fan like myself. I laughed several times, but was ultimately left with a feeling of "oh yeah, I knew they were gonna say that." That being said, this wouldn't be a bad episode to introduce someone to the show, as I think it's a great overview of the show and what it's trying to say.
Jerri (reading her poem in class): When you work from your home, and John's callin' the phone, you're a call girl / When you walk 'til you limp, and give a cut to a pimp, you're a street whore / When their beggin' you please, to get down on your knees, near their groinage / 'scuse a me, don't you see, don't you touch where they pee, without coinage --
Mr. Noblet: Thank you Jerri, that'll be --
Jerri: When I straddle and squat, to show you my--
Mr. Noblet: All right Jerri...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 2
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 6 Predictions: Which 2 Dancers Will Go Home?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- DirecTV Renews Full Circle for Season 2
- Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder Tweets First Pic of Damon in Season 6
- TVLine Items: Sons' Series Finale Date, New Bear Grylls Show and More
- Billy Crystal to Lead Robin Williams Tribute at Monday's Emmy Awards
- Showtime Renews Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex for Third Seasons
- More From TVLine
- Ariana Grande Calls Frankie 'So Shady' on 'Big Brother'
- For Approval: Billy Crystal Will Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
- Nicki Minaj Unleashes Her 'Anaconda' On the World
- This 'Breaking Bad' Reunion is the Most Hilarious Thing You'll See All Day!
- Duggar Baby News! Jill Dillard Is Pregnant
- More From ET