Well, I'm not alone in missing Saturday TV; Oscar-winner Barry Levinson feels the same. Levinson is also a TV producer -- he did Homicide: Life on the Street and The Philanthropist -- and he thinks the networks are making a big mistake by not seizing on Saturday primetime. He knows the business pretty well and he's confused by the networks' strategy.
"I don't think the answer is to retreat," he told the New York Daily News. "When you give up Saturday night, you open the door for people to go somewhere else. Basically, they're shrinking their own audience."
Alan: Knock knock.
Marty: Who's there?
Marty: Me, who?
Alan: "Me Who" was the village my uncle died in, in Vietnam.
(Marty laughs, Alan looks angry)
Marty: Well, you said it was a joke.
Alan: I forgot that it wasn't.
Perhaps it was because the cast and crew of Dog Bites Man ruffled some feathers recently with their particular brand of guerrilla improv, but last night's episode actually had a disclaimer at the beginning explaining that anyone in the episode who was not a part of the KHBX Newsteam were just regular folk who were unaware they were being taped as part of a comedy show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan O'Brien and Shelley Hennig Tease a Rocky Future for Stiles and Malia
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Team America's 4th Mission
- 'Teen Wolf' Photos: The Cast Crashes San Diego Comic Con 2014
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Girls Courts Spike Jonze for Guest-Starring Role in Season 4
- Running Wild With Bear Grylls Preview: Will Ben Stiller Be Left Hanging...?!
- Ratings: Taxi Brooklyn Hits Highs Vs. Sharknado 2, While Extant Stabilizes
- Kingdom Trailer: Matt Lauria, Nick Jonas Strip Down, Get Ripped In DirecTV's Testosterone-Fueled Drama
- Rush Sneak Peek: Harry Hamlin Debuts as William's Estranged Father
- More From TVLine