Well, I'm not alone in missing Saturday TV; Oscar-winner Barry Levinson feels the same. Levinson is also a TV producer -- he did Homicide: Life on the Street and The Philanthropist -- and he thinks the networks are making a big mistake by not seizing on Saturday primetime. He knows the business pretty well and he's confused by the networks' strategy.
"I don't think the answer is to retreat," he told the New York Daily News. "When you give up Saturday night, you open the door for people to go somewhere else. Basically, they're shrinking their own audience."
Alan: Knock knock.
Marty: Who's there?
Marty: Me, who?
Alan: "Me Who" was the village my uncle died in, in Vietnam.
(Marty laughs, Alan looks angry)
Marty: Well, you said it was a joke.
Alan: I forgot that it wasn't.
Perhaps it was because the cast and crew of Dog Bites Man ruffled some feathers recently with their particular brand of guerrilla improv, but last night's episode actually had a disclaimer at the beginning explaining that anyone in the episode who was not a part of the KHBX Newsteam were just regular folk who were unaware they were being taped as part of a comedy show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: Olivia, Alicia and 8 Other Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- Helix Season 2 Video Teases New Viral Outbreak, Ominous Steven Weber
- Constantine: 5 Things to Know About NBC's Devilishly Irreverent Drama
- The Voice Season 7 Knockout Pairings (and Song Choices) Revealed!
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- More From ET