Well, I'm not alone in missing Saturday TV; Oscar-winner Barry Levinson feels the same. Levinson is also a TV producer -- he did Homicide: Life on the Street and The Philanthropist -- and he thinks the networks are making a big mistake by not seizing on Saturday primetime. He knows the business pretty well and he's confused by the networks' strategy.
"I don't think the answer is to retreat," he told the New York Daily News. "When you give up Saturday night, you open the door for people to go somewhere else. Basically, they're shrinking their own audience."
Alan: Knock knock.
Marty: Who's there?
Marty: Me, who?
Alan: "Me Who" was the village my uncle died in, in Vietnam.
(Marty laughs, Alan looks angry)
Marty: Well, you said it was a joke.
Alan: I forgot that it wasn't.
Perhaps it was because the cast and crew of Dog Bites Man ruffled some feathers recently with their particular brand of guerrilla improv, but last night's episode actually had a disclaimer at the beginning explaining that anyone in the episode who was not a part of the KHBX Newsteam were just regular folk who were unaware they were being taped as part of a comedy show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Saturday Night Live': Louis C.K. to host for second time on March 29
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': Neil deGrasse Tyson and Seth MacFarlane traverse time and space
- 'Anger Management': Charlie Sheen delays production by not showing up to set
- 'True Detective,''The Walking Dead,''New Girl' and more of TV's best lines from the week of March 2-9
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Watch the best and worst sketches
- More From Zap2it
- Jennifer Beals to Star in Supernatural Medical Drama Pilot for TNT
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Crazy Ones, Revolution, Modern Family, Oscars & More
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- More From TVLine