- Rhys Ifans tells you exactly what it's like to be a part of the 'Harry Potter' series. It involves Johnny Rotten and Lady Di.
- I'm still not sure whether or not 'The Runaways' is going to be great or awful, but Joan Jett gives her take on the film.
- A documentary about Forks, Washington, where the 'Twilight' franchise takes place actually sounds interesting. Unfortunately, 'Twilight in Forks; the Saga of a Real Town' is pretty much just more 'Twilight' marketing materials.
- Blockbuster has just started putting out Redbox-like DVD kiosks in front of gas stations and the like. Is that all that's going to be left of the once-great video store chain?
- Cinematical discusses Robert Pattinson and Emile de Ravin's new film, 'Remember Me,' and says that it's actually a lot better than the public is giving it credit for.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, HBO and the BBC are adapting Caryl Churchill's short play A Number for HBO. This could be the first in a series of short play adaptations for HBO.
A Number will star Tom Wilkinson and Rhys Ifans. Wilkinson plays a father who encounters his cloned sons ten years later. Ifans will play both sons. James MacDonald directed the original stage play and will also direct the one-hour show for HBO.
Of course, whether the idea works or not will depend on how good the material is and whether it adapts well to television. Nevertheless, I like the idea of doing a series of one-shot "plays" for television that can stand or fail on their own. It wouldn't be too dissimilar to anthology series like The Twilight Zone, offering something completely new each time.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Last Man and Cristela Finales Tick Down, Messengers Opens Low
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- More From TVLine
- Erin Andrews' NHL Player Boyfriend Arrested in Las Vegas
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction at Asian Awards: 'Four of the Best Guys I've Ever Met'
- David Beckham Insta-Bombs Son Brooklyn's Big Announcement
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- More From ET