- Rhys Ifans tells you exactly what it's like to be a part of the 'Harry Potter' series. It involves Johnny Rotten and Lady Di.
- I'm still not sure whether or not 'The Runaways' is going to be great or awful, but Joan Jett gives her take on the film.
- A documentary about Forks, Washington, where the 'Twilight' franchise takes place actually sounds interesting. Unfortunately, 'Twilight in Forks; the Saga of a Real Town' is pretty much just more 'Twilight' marketing materials.
- Blockbuster has just started putting out Redbox-like DVD kiosks in front of gas stations and the like. Is that all that's going to be left of the once-great video store chain?
- Cinematical discusses Robert Pattinson and Emile de Ravin's new film, 'Remember Me,' and says that it's actually a lot better than the public is giving it credit for.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, HBO and the BBC are adapting Caryl Churchill's short play A Number for HBO. This could be the first in a series of short play adaptations for HBO.
A Number will star Tom Wilkinson and Rhys Ifans. Wilkinson plays a father who encounters his cloned sons ten years later. Ifans will play both sons. James MacDonald directed the original stage play and will also direct the one-hour show for HBO.
Of course, whether the idea works or not will depend on how good the material is and whether it adapts well to television. Nevertheless, I like the idea of doing a series of one-shot "plays" for television that can stand or fail on their own. It wouldn't be too dissimilar to anthology series like The Twilight Zone, offering something completely new each time.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Charlie Hunnam
- Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen Plots His Escape in Season Finale
- Homeland Enlists Broadway Vet Victoria Clark to Play Key Character
- More From TVLine