richard dean anderson
Wow, 200 episodes? Who would have thought when this show premiered that it would become the longest-running sci-fi series in American television history?
Ever since MacGyver aired in the late 80s and early 90s there's been an ongoing joke centered around the show about MacGyver's uncanny ability to solve complex problems using random objects. Elevator broken? No problem, just give him a toothbrush and a bike pump. Kitten stuck in a tree? That can be solved using a shoe horn and a fan belt. Well, someone has made a page on Wikipedia which lists a few of the problems MacGyver solved in his seven-year career. The coolest thing about this is that it's Wikipedia, so you can add your own moments of MacGyver-y genius.
[via Brad Sucks]
I've never understood it. Every single year USA Today gets people to rank the Super Bowl ads, and every single year one (or more, usually) of the Budweiser beer commercials get the top spots. Now, if any company bought 4 or 6 or 8 spots during a game, they might inevitably win a top spot too, but the Bud ads themselves are rarely the best ones. That's not to say that they're the worst. They're usually sorta funny, not bad, hitting their demo just right, entertaining. But at the same time, they're kinda predictable and ho-hum.
My favorite ad this year? No contest: the MacGyver ad for Mastercard! I mean, come on, how could you not like that?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Will Rayna Choose Career Over Romance?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Edward Mordrake's Hellish Carnival Gets a New Freak
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: No Treats for These Kids on Halloween
- 'Arrow' Recap: The Devil Returns to Starling City
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Victoria Loses Her Cool During David's Big TV Interview
- Reign Wedding Drama: Jonathan Keltz Talks Leith's Future With(out) Greer
- NCIS Fave Diane Neal to Bring Agent Borin to NCIS: New Orleans
- Vampire Diaries Newcomer Talks Jo's Dark Past, Bright Future With Alaric
- Nashville Recap: Ruke-lear Disaster
- More From TVLine
- ET Sneak Peek: On Set With 'How To Get Away To With Murder' and Viola Davis
- Lily Rabe Joins 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' as Her 'Asylum' Character
- T-Pain Sings Without Auto-Tune and It's Awesome!
- Jim Carrey Tests David Letterman for Ebola
- Miley Cyrus and Rihanna Bid For Best Cleavage at amfAR Gala
- More From ET