richard dean anderson
Wow, 200 episodes? Who would have thought when this show premiered that it would become the longest-running sci-fi series in American television history?
Ever since MacGyver aired in the late 80s and early 90s there's been an ongoing joke centered around the show about MacGyver's uncanny ability to solve complex problems using random objects. Elevator broken? No problem, just give him a toothbrush and a bike pump. Kitten stuck in a tree? That can be solved using a shoe horn and a fan belt. Well, someone has made a page on Wikipedia which lists a few of the problems MacGyver solved in his seven-year career. The coolest thing about this is that it's Wikipedia, so you can add your own moments of MacGyver-y genius.
[via Brad Sucks]
I've never understood it. Every single year USA Today gets people to rank the Super Bowl ads, and every single year one (or more, usually) of the Budweiser beer commercials get the top spots. Now, if any company bought 4 or 6 or 8 spots during a game, they might inevitably win a top spot too, but the Bud ads themselves are rarely the best ones. That's not to say that they're the worst. They're usually sorta funny, not bad, hitting their demo just right, entertaining. But at the same time, they're kinda predictable and ho-hum.
My favorite ad this year? No contest: the MacGyver ad for Mastercard! I mean, come on, how could you not like that?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Liam Neeson, Jon Hamm, Fred Armisen show up for surprise cameos
- 'True Detective' Season 1 crib sheet: All you need to know before the finale
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce FOX special
- Showtime's 'Gucci: The Director' gives a close-up view of Gucci creative director Frida Giannini's vision and life
- 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Season 6 debuts on Netflix: Did the final season tie up all the loose ends?
- More From Zap2it
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- Pilot News: Robert Patrick, Amy Sedaris and a Desperate Housewife Are Among Latest Castings
- Hot Video: In 24: Live Another Day, All Jack Must Stop Is a New 'World War'— Also: Is That…?!
- Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular
- Ratings: Grimm, Enlisted and Undercover Boss Tick Up, Hannibal Falls
- More From TVLine