richard dean anderson
Wow, 200 episodes? Who would have thought when this show premiered that it would become the longest-running sci-fi series in American television history?
Ever since MacGyver aired in the late 80s and early 90s there's been an ongoing joke centered around the show about MacGyver's uncanny ability to solve complex problems using random objects. Elevator broken? No problem, just give him a toothbrush and a bike pump. Kitten stuck in a tree? That can be solved using a shoe horn and a fan belt. Well, someone has made a page on Wikipedia which lists a few of the problems MacGyver solved in his seven-year career. The coolest thing about this is that it's Wikipedia, so you can add your own moments of MacGyver-y genius.
[via Brad Sucks]
I've never understood it. Every single year USA Today gets people to rank the Super Bowl ads, and every single year one (or more, usually) of the Budweiser beer commercials get the top spots. Now, if any company bought 4 or 6 or 8 spots during a game, they might inevitably win a top spot too, but the Bud ads themselves are rarely the best ones. That's not to say that they're the worst. They're usually sorta funny, not bad, hitting their demo just right, entertaining. But at the same time, they're kinda predictable and ho-hum.
My favorite ad this year? No contest: the MacGyver ad for Mastercard! I mean, come on, how could you not like that?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Be in the Top 8?
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- More From BuddyTV
- Jon Stewart's Daily Show Exit Date Set
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- More From TVLine
- Kim Richards Takes Responsibility for Arrest: 'The Whole Night Is My Fault'
- Reba McEntire Says ‘We've Gotta Promote These Younger Females' in Country Music
- Cissy Houston Says Bobbi Kristina Has 'Irreversible Brain Damage'
- Star Sightings April 2015
- Cody Simpson Brilliantly Covers Rihanna's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- More From ET