richard dean anderson
Wow, 200 episodes? Who would have thought when this show premiered that it would become the longest-running sci-fi series in American television history?
Ever since MacGyver aired in the late 80s and early 90s there's been an ongoing joke centered around the show about MacGyver's uncanny ability to solve complex problems using random objects. Elevator broken? No problem, just give him a toothbrush and a bike pump. Kitten stuck in a tree? That can be solved using a shoe horn and a fan belt. Well, someone has made a page on Wikipedia which lists a few of the problems MacGyver solved in his seven-year career. The coolest thing about this is that it's Wikipedia, so you can add your own moments of MacGyver-y genius.
[via Brad Sucks]
I've never understood it. Every single year USA Today gets people to rank the Super Bowl ads, and every single year one (or more, usually) of the Budweiser beer commercials get the top spots. Now, if any company bought 4 or 6 or 8 spots during a game, they might inevitably win a top spot too, but the Bud ads themselves are rarely the best ones. That's not to say that they're the worst. They're usually sorta funny, not bad, hitting their demo just right, entertaining. But at the same time, they're kinda predictable and ho-hum.
My favorite ad this year? No contest: the MacGyver ad for Mastercard! I mean, come on, how could you not like that?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 25 Best (and 5 Worst) Moments from 'Big Brother 16'
- 15 Shocking Moments from 'Under the Dome' Season 2
- 'The Voice' Recap: Will Adam and Blake End Their Friendship?
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Premiere Recap: Can the NCIS Team Save Gibbs and McGee in Time?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 2 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: The Renegades Who Had It Made
- Faking It Post Mortem: Lauren's Secret, 'Karmy's''Pain' and More Scoop
- Chicago Fire Premiere Recap: The Fallen
- Person of Interest Season 4 Premiere Recap: Identities Crisis
- The Voice Blind Auditions Recap: Phar-really Got a Hold on Me
- More From TVLine