It seemed just yesterday that the talk show host with the Yul Brenner scalp was chumming it up on the daytime talk show circuit, interviewing women who love too much or husbands who love way too much with people other than their wives. It was like watching the rock-bottom moment of a man's life in the wake of his waning glory days without it airing on VH1.
Now a local action news station has blown the lid off these coins that Montel has reduced himself to hawking: they are a bigger gyp than Baywatch Nights.
Blake Lively, who got her start playing Bridget in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, got the car question too: "Hybrid. Even if anybody picked the Escalade they wouldn't say it, 'cause it'd be, like, bombed."
VH1.com pointed out that in the article Gossip Girl ripped off a famous Friends photo. The pictures features each cast in evening gowns and tuxes while lugging champagne. Technically, Vanity Fair ripped off Friends. I feel indignant at any comparison, intentional or not, made between Friends (*cue choir of angels*) and Gossip Girl. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think.
If you've been following my write-ups of the show these last few weeks, you know that I've done my best to avoid reviewing it based on the actual stand-up comedy. Well, we're at the point now where I can't hide anymore.
So, let's get reviewing (and please, comedy gods, forgive me)...
If you're a fan of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' seminal comic book The Watchmen and also a fan of NBC's Heroes, you may have noticed a recent climax on the popular series was very similar to the end of The Watchmen. The NY Post has more information, though I must admit I didn't read the entire article because I've seen neither Heroes nor The Watchmen and I might want to catch the show or read that comic sometime. Unlike Isabelle, I like to be surprised.
Before he gets to the spoiler part of the article, Post writer Stephen Lynch says Heroes' use of the The Watchmen ending (I'll let you fans argue over how much of a "rip-off" it really was) may have cursed the making of the feature film, an idea that's been stuck in development hell for some time.
So, fans, have at it in the comments. I'll be sitting over here with my fingers in my ears and not paying attention to you.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars': The 20 Most Shocking Moments from Season 5A
- Meet the Castaways on 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top Moments: Mona, Ali's Lies and a Brutal Murder from 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- 'Person of Interest' Interview: Jim Caviezel and EP Greg Plageman on Season 4's 'War Between Two Artificial Intelligences'
- 'Arrow' Interview: EP Greg Berlanti Teases Year of People Saving 'Either Their Own Soul or Someone Else's'
- More From BuddyTV
- Fargo Boss Drops New Season 2 Intel: 'There Are a Lot of [Spoiler]'
- FX Orders Zach Galifianakis Clown Comedy Baskets to Series
- Video: OITNB's Laverne Cox on Emmy- Induced Spontaneous Combustion
- TVLine Items: Friends Sets Up Shop in NYC, Hulu Will Party Down and More
- Glee Season 6 Plan Revealed: Rachel Revives New Directions and More
- More From TVLine