It seemed just yesterday that the talk show host with the Yul Brenner scalp was chumming it up on the daytime talk show circuit, interviewing women who love too much or husbands who love way too much with people other than their wives. It was like watching the rock-bottom moment of a man's life in the wake of his waning glory days without it airing on VH1.
Now a local action news station has blown the lid off these coins that Montel has reduced himself to hawking: they are a bigger gyp than Baywatch Nights.
Blake Lively, who got her start playing Bridget in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, got the car question too: "Hybrid. Even if anybody picked the Escalade they wouldn't say it, 'cause it'd be, like, bombed."
VH1.com pointed out that in the article Gossip Girl ripped off a famous Friends photo. The pictures features each cast in evening gowns and tuxes while lugging champagne. Technically, Vanity Fair ripped off Friends. I feel indignant at any comparison, intentional or not, made between Friends (*cue choir of angels*) and Gossip Girl. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think.
If you've been following my write-ups of the show these last few weeks, you know that I've done my best to avoid reviewing it based on the actual stand-up comedy. Well, we're at the point now where I can't hide anymore.
So, let's get reviewing (and please, comedy gods, forgive me)...
If you're a fan of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' seminal comic book The Watchmen and also a fan of NBC's Heroes, you may have noticed a recent climax on the popular series was very similar to the end of The Watchmen. The NY Post has more information, though I must admit I didn't read the entire article because I've seen neither Heroes nor The Watchmen and I might want to catch the show or read that comic sometime. Unlike Isabelle, I like to be surprised.
Before he gets to the spoiler part of the article, Post writer Stephen Lynch says Heroes' use of the The Watchmen ending (I'll let you fans argue over how much of a "rip-off" it really was) may have cursed the making of the feature film, an idea that's been stuck in development hell for some time.
So, fans, have at it in the comments. I'll be sitting over here with my fingers in my ears and not paying attention to you.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- 'Bones' Episode 10.7 Photos: Booth Has More Issues With Aubrey
- More From BuddyTV
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- Tori Spelling Breaks Down After Seeing Her Ex-Husband
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- Honey Boo Boo's Sister Anna Cardwell Tells ET: 'He's a Child Molester, Mama'
- 'The Talk' Cast Looks Unrecognizable in Their Halloween Costumes
- More From ET