Rip Torn has pleaded guilty to breaking into a bank while drunk and carrying a loaded gun. We bet Arthur would never have come up with that crazy idea on 'The Larry Sanders Show.'
Prosecutors say the Emmy-winning Torn pleaded guilty to several charges stemming from the incident that happened earlier this year: Reckless endangerment, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and the illegal carrying of a firearm. He was arrested back in January after police found him inside a Bancorp branch in Litchfield, Connecticut.
Torn was given a two-and-half year suspended sentence and three years of probation. Conditions of the sentence include a ban on possessing guns as well as random drug and alcohol tests.
The soon-to-be-79-year-old actor later posted $100,000 bond and, according to TMZ, was seen talking in Spanish on his way out.
Torn will reportedly be back in court on Feb. 17.
For more on Rip Torn's legal woes, check out PopEater's continuing coverage.
I haven't gone to any of the many reunions my high school class has had over the past 25 years. I mean, one of the great things about graduating from high school is that you don't have to see these people anymore. I have a few friends from high school I'm still good friends with, and that's enough.
I was certainly more liked in high school than Liz Lemon was (I think we all were!), but this episode just confirms my suspicions that going to a high school reunion would be a very, very bad idea.
(S02E13) "That was so easy, like taking candy...from one of those guys who gives out candy at gay nightclubs."
Sorry this review is a little late this week. 30 Rock is one of those shows that I have to watch once, take notes, then watch again quickly so I can make sure I didn't miss any good lines. And this episode, like all 30 Rock episodes, had a lot of great lines.
But if there's anything that I took away from this episode, it's this: the porn video game that Tracy invented better be revisited in a later episode, or sold in the NBC online store with the mugs and t-shirts.
(S02E02) "Hey Banks, what are you doing in town...drawn to the phallic nature of our skyline?"
OK everyone, before we even start the review, head on over to the NBC store and order your "Me Want Food!" T-shirts! It's the new phrase everyone will be talking about tomorrow morning at your office. The offices that watch 30 Rock, that is.
I saw the little ad at the bottom of the screen and I had no idea what the hell it was until the writing guys said it as Jenna's new catch phrase. I'm usually annoyed by those little ads but this one didn't bother me.
As we told you earlier, Sony Pictures is going to release a 4 disc Not Just The Best Of The Larry Sanders Show DVD set on April 17. The set will include 23 of the best episodes, a ton of extras like interviews and behind the scenes footage, and new interviews with costars and guest stars, but some fans aren't too happy about how the show is being handled.
The first season DVD set was released in 2002 and, according to DVD Dossier, was met with anger by fans of the show. They say the video transfer was really grainy and unprofessional, not to mention the fact that the extras were lacking. The site wants to know why they are releasing this "best of" set instead of continuing the season sets with a release of season 2.
Anyone have the first season DVD set? How is it? Are you looking forward to this set?
[thanks to Judith for the tip]
I don't think I've ever heard news that this was coming to DVD, but fans can be happy that this special set comes out on April 17.
It's not a first season set (is there a first season set out?), it's more of a "best of" from all six seasons, even if it is titled "Not Just The Best of The Larry Sanders Show." The four disc set will include 23 episodes, a making of featurette, deleted scenes, a cast reunion, and interviews with several stars and guest stars: Jeffrey Tambor, Rip Torn, David Duchovny, Jon Stewart, Jerry Seinfeld, Carol Burnett, and Alec Baldwin.
The interviews were done a year ago by Garry Shandling himself, with a handheld video camera, so you know they're not going to be just DVD filler interviews and footage.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Justin Timberlake can't sing live, but he can dance a whole lot better than the models of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
- Survivor: Cook Islands is filming on sacred ground in the middle of a military coup. Sounds safe to me.
- Rip Torn's scary new mugshot brings up the question: should you smile for a mugshot?
While it's not quite the caliber of the Nick Nolte mug shot, or as creepy as Michael Jackson's mug, it still gives me a chuckle.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 10: Vanessa's 3rd HoH Photos
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: The Second Live Double Eviction
- [Photo] 'Arrow': Check Out Diggle's New Costume, Prepare to 'Aim Higher' and More Season 4 Teases
- Can 'Dancing with the Stars' Repair Paula Deen's Reputation?
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- More From BuddyTV
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- Mistresses Finale: EPs Talk Crazy Killer Reveal, Karen's Alternate Fate and (Fingers Crossed) Season 4 Plans
- Parks and Rec Producers Re-Team for Interracial Family Comedy at NBC
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- More From TVLine
- Behati Prinsloo Shares Adam Levine's Adorable Shirtless Cooking Mishap
- How Hilaria Baldwin Lost All That Baby Weight in Just 10 Weeks
- Emily Ratajkowski Is Over the 'Blurred Lines' Music Video
- Kylie Jenner Debuts Blonde Brows While Kendall Jenner Strips Down to Her Underwear!
- Alyssa Milano Says 'Divorce Is Not an Option' in Her Marriage
- More From ET