They don't have any trailers or clips that I can share with you yet, but I do have scoop on the episodes, including some fun guest stars, and a few exclusive photos.
The season kicks off with 'Run Dr. Lola Spratt, Run.' Unfortunately some dumb kid chose the weekend to sink in some crazy quicksand, and we all know doctors don't work on the weekends. So, Sy (Henry Winkler) has to get the gang back together for the case.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Bilson will play a doctor from New York City who inherits a small medical practice in the South. 'Gossip Girl' and 'Eli Stone' writer Leila Gerstein wrote the script and will executive produce the series with Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein.
In other pilot news ...
• Jake M. Johnson and Max Greenfield have landed lead roles opposite Zooey Deschanel in Fox's Liz Meriwether pilot 'Chicks and Dicks.' Viewers may remember Greenfield from 'Veronica Mars,' while Johnson was recently in the film 'No Strings Attached.' [Deadline Hollywood]
• '24' actress Annie Wersching will star opposite Scottie Thompson in ABC's drama pilot 'Partners.' Lawrence Gilliard Jr. has also landed a role in the cop drama about two female detectives. [Deadline Hollywood]
• Rob Huebel has landed the brother role in Fox's 'Family Album.' The series follows a family who go on an extended family vacation at the behest of the headstrong patriarch. [Deadline Hollywood]
The 26-year-old comedian's profile has risen quickly over the last couple of years. From being an up-and-coming stand-up star playing the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York, the last three years have seen him do two seasons of MTV's 'Human Giant,' a half-season as lazy intern Ed on the eighth season of 'Scrubs,' a big role as awful stand-up comic Randy in Judd Apatow's 'Funny People,' a one-hour stand-up special on Comedy Central, and a season and a half as Tom Haverford on 'Parks and Recreation.'
I caught up with Ansari at NBC's all-star press party last month and asked him about how his character, who plays the scheming right-hand man of the earnest Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), has developed since the show started, and what's next for a guy who's done a lot in such a short period of time.
So here's your chance to weigh in. Did you like MMHI? Were you one of the fans who attended the "blarties" and "twarties" (blog parties and twitter parties)? Did you pick up The State on DVD and watch for nostalgia? What did you think of the sketch show within a show format?
We knew it was coming back, we just didn't know when. Well, we still don't know officially, but Paul Scheer, one-third of the sketch comedy trio Human Giant along with Aziz Ansari and Rob Huebel, blogged yesterday that the series would likely return in January 2008. Paul's exact words were: "we are looking towards an air date of Jan 2008," which is not the same as "you will definitely see new episodes in January," but I'm not going to complain. It's coming back, that's all that matters.
It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to anyone that Human Giant, the new sketch comedy series for MTV, has been granted a second season.
In order to drum up more interest in the show, MTV turned the network over to the Human Giant men: Aziz Ansari, Rob Huebel, Paul Scheer for 24 hours and told them they had to garner one million hits on their Web site if they wanted a second season. Of course, taking into consideration lines from the press release like, "fans can also show up in Times Square to deliver a pizza counting for 80 hits, or carving Paul Scheer's face into Mount Rushmore for the entire million hits" it's obvious the series was going to be renewed all along. Still, it's nice to hear an official announcement.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Season 8: [Spoiler] Will Return in a 'Surprising' Way
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- More From TVLine
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Kim Kardashian Looks Identical to Kylie and Kendall Jenner in Shocking Split Pics
- Olivia Munn Shows Off Her Seriously Impressive 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Fighting Skills
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Valerie Cherish Try Her Hand at Decorating in a ‘Comeback' Deleted Scene
- Gwyneth Paltrow Defends Goop's 'Conscious Uncoupling' and Vaginal Steaming: 'We Are Creating Interesting Discussions'
- More From ET