After a whirlwind romance, the landscape architect ends his bachelor status by eloping with a gorgeous woman named Maggie (Claudia Bassols). Then comes the hard part -- winning over Maggie's overprotective, close-knit, Mexican-American family.
The comedy, which Schneider based in part on his real-life marriage to Mexican TV producer Patricia Azarcoya Arce, also stars Cheech Marin and Diana Maria Riva as Maggie's wary parents, Eugenio Derbez as Hector, the family's black sheep and Rob's only ally, and Lupe Ontiveros as Maggie's Abuelita.
As you can tell from the clip below, getting used to Maggie's family won't necessarily be easy for Rob.
This week, the Racers flew from Chile to Argentina. The challenges weren't terribly impressive this week. One of the Detour options was super lame and the other was bad for poor spellers. Even though it wasn't very exciting to watch, it did change the entire race, putting the first placers (Rob & Amber) way back at the end of the pack.
My thoughts on the teams (AND SPOILERS) are after the jump:
The teams remained in Chile this week. Things went from tense (thanks to Mirna) to hilarious (thanks to Rob) throughout the episode. I think my favorite team so far is Rob & Amber just because they're so laid back. Everyone else is taking this waaay too seriously.
Spoilers after the jump:
(S11E02) This show has to be considered an aerobic exercise. Sure, I'm sitting on the couch, but my heartrate is always up when I'm watching The Amazing Race.
This week the teams are off to Santiago, Chile (they ended last week in Ecuador). We don't get to learn much about the country or any Chilean traditions. I like that part of The Amazing Race, so hopefully that tradition will return.
Warning: Spoilers after the jump!
(S11E01) I couldn't believe how much of this episode was spent just on the intial drive to the Miami airport. It wasn't really that stressful, nor was it a turning point in the race. It was just gratuitous video of Mercedes station wagons driving on different Miami freeways. Bo-ring. I think the editors had to do that because the Detour ended up being too easy. The farmers wrangled the horses for the teams and tied them down. The shears must've been pretty sharp because everybody seemed to get the hooves and hair off with no problem- in fact, we only saw one or two teams actually do the challenge because it was so lame.
This week our racers only went to one country: Ecuador.
(S01E01) The Knights of Prosperity is a show with all the right ingredients, and yet, the result feels more than a little half-baked.
Donal Logue plays Eugene Gurkin, a janitor who decides he wants a change when a co-worker falls over dead on the job. Gurkin doesn't want to die never having made something of himself, so after a failed attempt at securing a loan to open his own bar, he decides to rob Mick Jagger. All of this happens in about the first ten minutes of the episode, so you either buy into the concept right away or you don't. This is a sitcom after all, and not a feature film, so they have to get into it right away. Still, a little more set up would have been nice.
I've read the synopses and I'll spoil it for you... after the jump:
The three candidates for 'Most Annoying Couple' were David and Mary, Sarah and Peter, and Rob and Kimberly. They all definitely lead the pack for 'Most Annoying'. (I'd show pictures of them, but CBS' website doesn't have any!)
Let's break it down after the jump, and you'll see who I find most annoying. Feel free to chime in down in comments.
Originally, the title of the sitcom was I Want to Rob Jeff Goldblum, but Jeff is working on his own pilot project for NBC and was never attached to the project (although, I totally like the idea of him in that role). The creators turned to Mick Jagger, but his name won't be in the title and he will only appear in a few scenes.
I totally dig this idea for a show. I think they could keep it going by picking different celebrities to rob. I'd like to see them try to rob Patrick Swayze, Carol Channing, and Frankie Muniz. Who would you like to see robbed?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Game of Thrones Season 5 Teaser, Netflix Nabs Coven and More
- Sneak Peek: Jessie Holidays With Teen Beach Star, Liv and Maddie's Bros
- Late Late Show to Fill 9-Week Gap: 10 Male Guest Hosts, a Week of The Talk
- Kingdom Sneak Peek: Jay Does 'Curls for the Girls,' Hunts Nate's Attacker
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Ben Makes Emily an Offer She Can't Refuse
- More From TVLine
- Blake Shelton and Adam Levine Confess What's Really in 'The Voice' Cups: Crack, Coffee & Vodka!
- A Very Single Chris Pine Serenades One of His Biggest Fans with Frank Sinatra
- This Dog Walking on a Treadmill Looks Like an Adorable Real-Life Teddy Bear
- Bette Midler and Ariana Grande Settle Their Diva Feud in the Best Way
- Taylor Swift Bases All Her Outfits On What Her Friends Think
- More From ET