Each year in our "Top TV Stories" posts we look back at the number of celebrities and behind the scenes people that have passed away during the year. This is always a hard list to put together, so if I've missed anyone, please let me know in the comments and I'll add them to the list.
This year we also lost someone very close to us.
Robert Goulet, who passed away this past week at the age of 73, had a lot of great credits on his resume: singing and acting on stage in Camelot and Man Of La Mancha, movies like Toy Story 2, and Grammy and Tony Awards. He also got drunk with a bunch of raunchy animal puppets.
But that was part of his sense of humor, the guy who do Broadway but also make fun of himself (I like this odd Emerald Nuts commercial.) After the jump are clips from TV Funhouse, the episode where the Anipals go to Atlantic City to see their successful friend Triumph The Insult Dog. Please note that the clips show animal puppets drinking, using bad language, and one real dog giving fake oral sex to a puppet dog. Thank you.
Well, this is unfortunate news. We told you last week that singer and actor Robert Goulet was in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, sedated and awaiting a lung transplant. Now comes news that Goulet passed away this morning.
Goulet had a really long career on stage, TV, and in film. He gained fame playing Sir Lancelot on Broadway in Camelot in 1960 with Richard Burton and Julie Andrews. He went on to many other stage productions (Carousel, Meet Me In St. Louis, La Cage Aux Folles, The Pajama Game, and others), movies (Toy Story 2, Atlantic City), and TV shows (everything from The Love Boat and Murder, She Wrote to Mission: Impossible and Howdy Doody). In the past several years he enjoyed spoofing himself, in movies such as The Naked Gun 2 1/2 to talk show appearances to stints on ESPN and those weird Emerald Nuts ads. He sings the theme to Jimmy Kimmel Live too.
Goulet suffered from Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. He leaves his wife of 25 years and three children.
BroadwayWorld.com is reporting that stage, film, and television star Robert Goulet has been in the hospital for over three weeks and is in critical condition. The star was experiencing shortness of breath a couple of months ago and found out that he has Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis, which is fatal.
Goulet had been in a Las Vegas hosptial when it was determined that he would not survive without a lung transplant. They don't do that in Las Vegas so he was moved to Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles on October 12. He's waiting for a transplant.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Recap: Who Does Kaitlyn Choose?
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki Gives Meghan the Third Degree
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 18 Dance and Two Go Home
- Casting Bits: Ed Sheeran Joins FX Series, 'Nashville' Adds Riley Smith, Naomi Campbell on 'AHS' and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Final Couples
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death: Nick Gordon 'Has Suffered Greatly,' His Mother Says
- 'The Bachelorette' Finale: Did Kaitlyn Bristowe Pick Shawn Booth or Nick Viall?
- Leah Still Challenges Riley Curry to the Most Adorable Dance-Off Ever
- 13 Surprising Stars Who Love Their Converse (And Will Likely Fall In Love With The New Chuck II)
- More From ET