After the jump ... Remember this pop cultural gem (video below) that gained traction on the Net not too long ago? The sheer oddity of the clip alone forces us to ask ourselves several questions: do these people all live together? Why is Marla Gibbs dressed like an astronaut? Does Bea Arthur do everybody's shoppingl? CAN'T NELL CARTER JUST SIT DOWN AND REST HER FEET FOR A SECOND? (Seriously, give her a break!)
Unsolved Mysteries could probably be considered one of the first "reality" shows to really hit big, though I'm not comfortable with that categorization, because it was probably closer to news or Cops-like documentary than the reality shows we have now.
In fact, if you look at the old episodes, they seem almost quaint, even though they were talking about murders, abuductions, disappearances, curses, and UFO sightings. But there was a real non-sensationalist aura about the show, and you got the feeling they really wanted to get to the bottom of each case.
Now the show is coming back...to HBO!
OK, so you're one of the people who is waiting for the first season sets of The Streets of San Francisco and/or The Untouchables to be released. But now comes word that both Paramount sets have been delayed a week.
But there's one piece of good news, for fans of Twin Peaks: the second season will actually be released a week earlier than previously announced, on April 3. That's a Paramount title too. Maybe they wanted to get this one out a week earlier than the other two releases for some reason.
Not sure if younger readers will remember Tony Franciosa. Not only was it several decades ago that he was a star, he really hadn't done anything in recent years, except for an appearance on Larry King Live in 2001, a documentary last year, and the movie City Hall 10 years ago. But he was in everything in the 60s and 70s. His many roles include The Name of the Game (a private eye show I really liked when I was a kid), Matt Helm (the series, not the Dean Martin flicks), Search (another show I loved as a kid), Finder of Lost Loves, as well the movies The Long Hot Summer, Death Wish II, The Drowning Pool, Earth II, Assault on a Queen, A Hatful of Rain, and A Face in the Crowd.
Franciosa died yesterday after suffering a massive stroke.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Recap: Did the Right Couple Win? Plus: Top 5 Moments and Season 19 Finale Pics!
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- Mindy Project Recap: How Ma Got Her Groove Back
- Degrassi Surprise: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!
- Awkward's Ashley Rickards Talks Jenna's Choice, Lacey's Surprise and More Season 4 Finale Twists
- More From TVLine
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 19 Winner: Who Took Home the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Paul Rudd's College Yearbook Photo Will Blow Your Mind
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You' Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time
- Rihanna Teases New Song From Upcoming Eighth Album
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? ET Goes Inside An LA Acting School For Kids
- More From ET