After the jump ... Remember this pop cultural gem (video below) that gained traction on the Net not too long ago? The sheer oddity of the clip alone forces us to ask ourselves several questions: do these people all live together? Why is Marla Gibbs dressed like an astronaut? Does Bea Arthur do everybody's shoppingl? CAN'T NELL CARTER JUST SIT DOWN AND REST HER FEET FOR A SECOND? (Seriously, give her a break!)
Unsolved Mysteries could probably be considered one of the first "reality" shows to really hit big, though I'm not comfortable with that categorization, because it was probably closer to news or Cops-like documentary than the reality shows we have now.
In fact, if you look at the old episodes, they seem almost quaint, even though they were talking about murders, abuductions, disappearances, curses, and UFO sightings. But there was a real non-sensationalist aura about the show, and you got the feeling they really wanted to get to the bottom of each case.
Now the show is coming back...to HBO!
OK, so you're one of the people who is waiting for the first season sets of The Streets of San Francisco and/or The Untouchables to be released. But now comes word that both Paramount sets have been delayed a week.
But there's one piece of good news, for fans of Twin Peaks: the second season will actually be released a week earlier than previously announced, on April 3. That's a Paramount title too. Maybe they wanted to get this one out a week earlier than the other two releases for some reason.
Not sure if younger readers will remember Tony Franciosa. Not only was it several decades ago that he was a star, he really hadn't done anything in recent years, except for an appearance on Larry King Live in 2001, a documentary last year, and the movie City Hall 10 years ago. But he was in everything in the 60s and 70s. His many roles include The Name of the Game (a private eye show I really liked when I was a kid), Matt Helm (the series, not the Dean Martin flicks), Search (another show I loved as a kid), Finder of Lost Loves, as well the movies The Long Hot Summer, Death Wish II, The Drowning Pool, Earth II, Assault on a Queen, A Hatful of Rain, and A Face in the Crowd.
Franciosa died yesterday after suffering a massive stroke.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ABC Eyes Amy Schumer as Next 'Bachelorette'
- 'Aquarius' Review: A Fascinating Look Inside Charles Manson's Twisted World
- 'Bones' Teasers: 7 Good Things to Watch for in 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'MasterChef' Recap: Surprise! Your Kitchen Comes Back to Haunt You
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Sneak Peek: Never Offer Your Hand to Dr. Lecter!
- Ratings: The Briefcase Opens Strong, While MasterChef Surges
- Murder in the First Season 2 Trailer Teases Intense New Case, Dirty Cops
- CBS' Briefcase Premiere: Did We Just See the Only 'Acceptable' Outcome?
- Smash's Broadway Event Expands! Who's Joining Ellis (!) in Bombshell?
- More From TVLine