According to Vulture, Henson will play Carter, a detective. The J.J. Abrams-produced pilot follows an ex-CIA agent who is hired by a billionaire to help fight crime in New York City. Emerson will play the eccentric billionaire.
Henson previously appeared on 'Eli Stone' and 'Boston Legal.'
In other casting news ...
• Gabrielle Union has joined the cast of 'Little in Common.' The Rob Thomas comedy follows three couples who are connected via Little League sports. Union will play a very competitive lobbyist. [Deadline]
• Jean Smart will star in NBC's untitled comedy about a family of doctors. Smart will play Dr. Barbara Foote, a meddlesome mom. [Deadline]
• Aidan Quinn will star in 'Prime Suspect.' Quinn will play Lt. Kenny Rowe. Maria Bello stars as Det. Jane Tennison. [TVLine]
According to TVLine, Ritter will be back for one episode. Lauren Graham's character, Sarah, seeks advice from her former beau, Mark, played by Ritter.
"We're very excited to have him back," Jason Katims, 'Parenthood' executive producer, said. "Sarah comes to him for advice about something. It's only a few scenes, but what's nice about it is you see that they still have this amazing connection. They are great together."
In other casting news ...
• The mayor of Cincinnati will appear on 'Undercover Boss.' Mark Mallory's episode has yet to be scheduled for airing. [WLWT]
• Martha Plimpton is in talks to return to 'The Good Wife.' The 'Raising Hope' star appeared in two episodes last season and may return this spring. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Robin Givens will appear on 'Chuck.' Givens will appear in multiple episodes as an agency head who makes an offer to Casey. 'Supernatural' and 'The Vampire Diaries' actress Lauren Cohan will recur on the series as Vivian, a socialite and daughter of a criminal mastermind. [TVLine]
That's because, according to the Hollywood Reporter, 'The Wendy Williams Show' has been renewed -- again. The daytime talk show, which was previously renewed by Fox's owned and operated stations through 2012, has now been picked up by 18 of the 20 major markets, including affiliates owned by Lin, Tribune, Local TV, Sinclair, Raycom and Granite.
(S02E05) "Sammy's gettin' some hammy tonight." - Sam Axe
How great was it seeing Michael and Fi still sitting in that car? I like to imagine that they were sitting there for an entire week while we waited for the new episode.
Not that I didn't enjoy Michael's how-to on exposing covert security but I feel bad for the delivery guy. As if it isn't bad enough to get to the delivery and realize you've been pranked, this poor guy is also going to get the crap beaten out of him. No wonder Michael helps everyone he meets. He has a lot of bad karma to make up for.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 13: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Black Box': Meet the Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Recap: Roy Rage and Mirakuru Madness Reach the Point of No Return
- More From BuddyTV
- What to Watch Thursday: Parks and Rec Finale, Mycroft Holmes Returns, Two Premieres and More
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It! [Updated]
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- More From TVLine