September 2, 2015
by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 30th 2011 7:00AM
It remains to be seen who'll emerge as the front-runner on the 13th season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' which debuts Monday, Sept. 19 at 8PM ET on ABC. But, by early indications, contestant Nancy Grace is the one to beat on the press line.
The outspoken Grace didn't mince words as to why she came to L.A. to do the show. She's here anyway to cover the Michael Jackson murder case.
"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," says the former prosecutor. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."
Grace is hoping that this trial sends a message that even rich celebrities accused of crimes deserve justice.
"Many people are still angry at Michael Jackson over the molestation charges. What many of them don't see is that Lady Justice is blind to the defendant and the victim. It doesn't matter what Jackson did or didn't do. It's a slippery slope to start judging victims."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- Survivor's Remorse Renewed for Season 3 at Starz
- Bryan Cranston's Sneaky Pete Gets Amazon Series Order
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Casts General Sam Lane, AGT Renewed and More
- The Daily Show Adds Awkward Actress, Sullivan & Son Grad and 1 More
- More From TVLine
- Kate Gosselin Weighs in on Justin Bieber's Copycat Hair: 'He Can Have It'
- People Won't Stop Commenting 'Miley, What's Good?' on Miley Cyrus' Instagram Pics
- Jennifer Garner Looks Fit and Happier Than Ever While Working Out
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Kevin From Work': First Look at Fred Willard's Outrageous Guest Role!
- Avril Lavigne Announces Separation From Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- More From ET