March 1, 2015
by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 30th 2011 7:00AM
It remains to be seen who'll emerge as the front-runner on the 13th season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' which debuts Monday, Sept. 19 at 8PM ET on ABC. But, by early indications, contestant Nancy Grace is the one to beat on the press line.
The outspoken Grace didn't mince words as to why she came to L.A. to do the show. She's here anyway to cover the Michael Jackson murder case.
"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," says the former prosecutor. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."
Grace is hoping that this trial sends a message that even rich celebrities accused of crimes deserve justice.
"Many people are still angry at Michael Jackson over the molestation charges. What many of them don't see is that Lady Justice is blind to the defendant and the victim. It doesn't matter what Jackson did or didn't do. It's a slippery slope to start judging victims."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Dakota Johnson Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- More From TVLine
- Are Beyoncé and Cara Delevingne Collaborating Together?
- See How Justin Bieber Celebrated His 21st Birthday
- Dakota Johnson Makes 'Saturday Night Live' Debut a Family Affair
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- More From ET