January 25, 2015
by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 30th 2011 7:00AM
It remains to be seen who'll emerge as the front-runner on the 13th season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' which debuts Monday, Sept. 19 at 8PM ET on ABC. But, by early indications, contestant Nancy Grace is the one to beat on the press line.
The outspoken Grace didn't mince words as to why she came to L.A. to do the show. She's here anyway to cover the Michael Jackson murder case.
"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," says the former prosecutor. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."
Grace is hoping that this trial sends a message that even rich celebrities accused of crimes deserve justice.
"Many people are still angry at Michael Jackson over the molestation charges. What many of them don't see is that Lady Justice is blind to the defendant and the victim. It doesn't matter what Jackson did or didn't do. It's a slippery slope to start judging victims."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ray Donovan Admits Former ER Doc for Killer Season 3 Stint
- Outlander Sneak Peek: First Minute of Midseason Premiere Tells Jamie's Story
- Revenge's Karine Vanasse Lays Out Margaux's Plan to Destroy Emily
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET