May 5, 2015
by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 30th 2011 7:00AM
It remains to be seen who'll emerge as the front-runner on the 13th season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' which debuts Monday, Sept. 19 at 8PM ET on ABC. But, by early indications, contestant Nancy Grace is the one to beat on the press line.
The outspoken Grace didn't mince words as to why she came to L.A. to do the show. She's here anyway to cover the Michael Jackson murder case.
"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," says the former prosecutor. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."
Grace is hoping that this trial sends a message that even rich celebrities accused of crimes deserve justice.
"Many people are still angry at Michael Jackson over the molestation charges. What many of them don't see is that Lady Justice is blind to the defendant and the victim. It doesn't matter what Jackson did or didn't do. It's a slippery slope to start judging victims."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Criminal Minds Finale Sneak Peek: Kate's Niece Hits the 'Panic' Button
- Ratings: Mike & Molly Slips to Series Low, Gotham Rises With Finale
- Will Forever's Jo Learn Henry's Secret? The Series' Stars Have a Theory
- Once Upon a Time Finale Sneak Peek: Heroic Regina Battles Evil Snow White
- Tonight Show Video: Jimmy Fallon and Jack Black Recreate '90s Hair Band Hit
- More From TVLine
- Britney Spears Explains Her Nasty Onstage Fall: 'It Was Really Kind of Embarrassing'
- ‘Vanity Fair' Gives Fans a Glimpse of Adam Driver and Lupita Nyong'o
- Britney Spears Ditches Ankle Cast Just Days After Stage Fall
- 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck': 7 Things We Learned About the Nirvana Frontman
- Ellen Albertini Dow, ‘The Wedding Singer' Rapping Grandmother, Dies at 101
- More From ET