September 19, 2014
by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 30th 2011 7:00AM
It remains to be seen who'll emerge as the front-runner on the 13th season of 'Dancing With the Stars,' which debuts Monday, Sept. 19 at 8PM ET on ABC. But, by early indications, contestant Nancy Grace is the one to beat on the press line.
The outspoken Grace didn't mince words as to why she came to L.A. to do the show. She's here anyway to cover the Michael Jackson murder case.
"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," says the former prosecutor. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."
Grace is hoping that this trial sends a message that even rich celebrities accused of crimes deserve justice.
"Many people are still angry at Michael Jackson over the molestation charges. What many of them don't see is that Lady Justice is blind to the defendant and the victim. It doesn't matter what Jackson did or didn't do. It's a slippery slope to start judging victims."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Supergirl Series Lands on CBS — Who Would You Cast in the Lead Role?
- Ratings: Thursday Night Football Sacked By Blowout, Loser Hits Low
- Phineas and Ferb Clip: Terry O'Quinn Is a Man in Black in Lost-Themed Episode
- Girl Meets World Sneak Peek: Photos from Rider Strong's Directorial Debut
- You're the Worst Finale Post Mortem: EP Talks Gretchen's Major Move, Downplays Lindsay's Big D
- More From TVLine
- Jason Aldean Tells Relationship Haters to 'Get Over It,' Talks Brittany Kerr Date Nights
- Tabloid Says Kendall Jenner Is 'Too Fat for Runway'
- Rob Kardashian Fuels Baby Rumors with New Tweet
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- Jon Hamm, Kerry Washington Align with White House In Sexual Assault PSA
- More From ET