AOL TV and Adult Swim are giving two readers the chance to take home this hilarious special. We're giving away one (1) DVD and one (1) Blu-ray copy of the 'Robot Chicken' feature.
The DVD and Blu-ray are packed with special features including: behind-the-scenes featurettes, commentary, deleted scenes and more.
The Blu-ray features two exclusive bits: time lapses of animation and a Seth Green animation reference.
Read on to find out how to win!
The animated special 'Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III' (Sun., 11:30PM ET on CN) takes an irreverent look at the 'Star Wars' universe. And the show brings back one of the most beloved figures in geekdom, bounty hunter Boba Fett.
In the real 'Star Wars' movies, the relentless Boba Fett captures Han Solo, delivering him to Jabba the Hutt. But then, Luke Skywalker frees Han Solo -- and Boba is killed when his jetpack is accidentally activated. The bounty hunter dies from ... crashing into a sail barge and falling into a big pit. It's a really lame ending for a really cool bad guy. Ever since then, geeks have wished that Mr. Fett hadn't died. Now, 'Robot Chicken' gives him a second chance.
Seth previewed his new 'Robot Chicken'-based Star Wars special; while Craig -- well, Craig mainly asked some questions. Questions such as this one: What is Darth Vader doing struggling with his suit in a bathroom?
Are Seth Green and Matthew Senreich changing the face of TV as we know it?
Fresh from scooping up a Creative Arts Emmy for 'Robot Chicken' last month, it's been reported that they're launching an online reality TV experiment in which viewers decide every major decision a person makes. And unlike the Robot Chicken, that's a real person, not a clay model.
'ControlTV' will follow the life of a twenty-something guy for six weeks, and it will enable the audience to vote, in real time, on every aspect of his life -- from what he wears and eats, to where he works, to who he dates. It's slated to debut in the fall on DBG Video Network.
A previous 'Chicken' alum, Efron will join 'Star Wars' staple Anthony Daniels (C3PO), 'Community' star Donald Glover and 'The Cleveland Show' regular Mike Henry in their 'Robot Chicken' debuts, while Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) and Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks) will return to reprise their roles from the movies and previous 'RC' specials.
'Robot Chicken' along with 'Family Guy' proved that there is comedy potential in the 'Star Wars' franchise, but it sounds like Lucas is further mitigating the cultural impact of the first trilogy (or even the second trilogy, going by order of release) by making light of it.
Lucas has long proven that the fans care more about the franchise than he ever did. It has gotten to the point where pumping out 'Star Wars' dreck is a means to an end. Perhaps he wants the money to build his own Death Star?
Of course, that live action 'Star Wars' series has yet to appear, so this latest item could just be someone's idea of a late April Fool's Day prank. One can have "a new hope."
The sci-fi legend was tickled enough by 'Robot Chicken's' 'Star Wars' send-ups to hand over the reins of a new animated series to 'Chicken' wunderkinds Seth Green and Matthew Senreich.
Lucasfilm Animation announced the new series Monday, promising "a comedic and irreverent look at the characters from the sci-fi franchise." Green offers a hint at where he'll take these iconic characters.
Although Culp is probably best known for his work with Bill Cosby on 'I Spy,' he could be equally well-known to modern audiences for his work on two other classic shows. He played Agent Bill Maxwell on 'The Greatest American Hero' and also played Debra's dad on 'Everybody Loves Raymond.'
He made appearances in tons of other TV shows too: 'Columbo' (he was the murderer four times), 'Murder, She Wrote,' 'Matlock,' 'Robot Chicken,' 'The Outer Limits,' 'Police Story,' 'Dr. Kildare,' 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E., 'Combat,' 'Disneyland,' 'The Rifleman,' 'Bonanza,' 'Golden Girls,' 'Wings,' and many more shows and movies.
Oh, 'I Spy' was a fantastic show. It was shot on location around the world, which is rather rare for a TV show. It's on tonight at 9 on Retro TV. After the jump, the opening (you can also watch the show for free at SlashControl).
According to Variety, Adult Swim has ordered 40 additional episodes of 'Robot Chicken,' providing the top-rated stop-action series with enough material to fill seasons 5 and 6. Prior seasons have aired 20 episodes at a time, already a strong display of network confidence in the product.
Okay, so maybe 'Robot Chicken' isn't quite your father's stop-motion show, but retailers around the nation are about to find out how today's brand of animation stacks up against favorites of the past as several offbeat animated series get the DVD treatment. But don't worry, if cartoons aren't your thing, we've also dug up some releases from other genres that will make some of the best gifts this side of the Island of Misfit Toys.
I think I might have asked this question before, but I'll ask it again: just how many Star Trek (original series) sets are there? There seems to be a new one released every few months. I know there are Blu-ray sets being released now, but at what point does even the most die-hard Trek fan say enough is enough and they're not going to buy any more? A friend of mine loves Star Trek and seems to buy every new version of the show that comes out.
- Cake Boss - Cake Boss
- Criss Angel Mindfreak - Season 5 and Collector's Edition Megaset
- Ice Road Truckers - Season 3
- The Maxx - Complete Series
- The Paper Chase - Season 2
- Robot Chicken - Season 4
- Sherlock Holmes - The Collection
- Star Trek - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
- The Tudors - Season 3
- Wagon Train - Season 1
- Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie
According to a network release, Robot Chicken gets the jingle bell rolling Dec. 6 at 11:45 p.m. ET/PT with Episode 71, "Dear Consumer." The show tunes in as "Thor celebrates Christmas in Asgard, and Santa adds 'Walter PPK' to the bad boy list.
The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Christmas Special premieres Sunday, Dec. 13 at 11:45 p.m. ET/PT -- sending The Aqua Teens out to record and release their own Christmas album -- after they steal someone's identity.
- At 7, CBS has a new 60 Minutes, then the season finale of The Amazing Race and a new Cold Case.
- NBC has a new Football Night in America at 7, followed by Vikings vs. the Cardinals.
- At 7:30, Disney has a new Hannah Montana.
- At 8, ABC has a new Extreme Makeover, then new episodes of Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.
- FOX has the BCS Selection Show at 8.
- Hallmark has the movie Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle at 8.
- Also at 8: TLC has Crazy Christmas Lights, followed by Invasion of the Christmas Lights.
- At 8:30, Disney has a new Jonas.
- At 9, Syfy has the premiere of Alice.
- Showtime has a new Dexter at 9, followed by a new Californication.
- HBO has Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction at 9.
- At 11:45, Cartoon Network has a new Robot Chicken, then new episodes of The Venture Brothers and Metalocalypse.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Adult Swim fans can now go online and create a disc full of their favorite episodes from the channel's top shows with the Build Your Custom DVD tool.
For $20, you get 110 minutes worth of space to build a DVD. You can choose any of the available episodes from such series as Venture Brothers (right), Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021. After arranging them in your preferred order, you give your DVD a name, description and cover art before paying for it and burning your unique creation.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- Regina King Joins American Crime Drama, Books Big Bang Encore
- Anthony Hopkins Boards J.J. Abrams' HBO Sci-Fi Pilot Westworld
- The Mindy Project Season 3: Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman to Play Danny's Mother
- CBS' Stalker Adds Law & Order Vet Elisabeth Röhm as Series Regular
- Witches of East End Recruits Chuck's Sarah Lancaster for 'Mysterious' Role
- More From TVLine
- 5 Seconds of Summer is Our New Australian Obsession
- Chris Pratt Interrupts Interview To French Braid Intern's Hair
- Derek Jeter Speaks Out for the First Time After the All-Star Game
- John Stamos Gives Beach Boys Fan The Surprise Of His Life
- How Well Do the 5 Seconds of Summer Boys Know Each Other? ET Puts Them to the Test
- More From ET