Her fans were scared. Her career faltered. 'The View' hired her to stir up controversy, but she stirred too hard.
Two years later, after her two ugly departures from daytime TV, it seems Rosie has gained some kind of peace and is focused on entertaining audiences again. Is it going to last? Why should we care? Here are five reasons we think the Rosie we used to know may finally be back to stay.
Here are his three choices, followed by a few I made up (poll after the jump). He's obviously not going to do the show in any voice but his own, but it would be a funny shout out to fans if he were to do one segment of the show in one of these voices.
I should also note that, upon completion of this depressingly nerdy post, I am legally obligated to punch myself in the face for a solid fifteen minutes and then steal my own lunch money. Let's just get this over with, shall we? Here are the top eleven robot buddies from TV, in no particular order, because each robot is special in its own way. Also, I don't want any readers to kill me for not ranking to their liking.
The commercial features a robot that drops a screw. Because of GM's high quality controls, it's forced to leave the plant, take up several other part time jobs, and finally it jumps off a bridge, only to wake up in the plant and reveal that the whole thing was a dream sequence.
This was a very cute ad. You don't normally have a lot of feeling for an automated production robot, so give credit to the folks that made this ad. In about 20 seconds they were able to make me root for the cute little guy. The quick little cuts of the various jobs the robot had after being decommissioned from the factory were great.
The condo sales sign and speaker at the fast food restaurant were especially good. He just looked so sad when his little robotic arm drooped. Nice payoff at the end with the chorus coming in, "All by myself....," and the little guy waking up at the factory. Well done.
The show's conceit involved a robotics firm engineer designing an AI cast-off from Annie to come live with his family. The robot was a "Voice Input Child Indenticant." VICI. Vicki. You get it. The Lawson family had quite a time trying to keep the monotoned Vicki's origins a secret from those pesky Brindles next door. They couldn't possibly destroy the adorable bundle of bolts that Dad had so lovingly (and sorta creepily if you think about it) put together and kept at home long past her beta-testing date.
While it hasn't been added to the schedule grid yet, the '80s animated series Voltron will in fact be a part of Adult Swim starting on November 13. However, the episodes will air at 5:30 am, so if you want to see them on television you'll either have to never sleep, or wake up really early. The addition was announced on the Adult Swim messageboard (hat tip to Adult Swim HQ). If you don't have a DVR to record the episodes, but you have a broadband connection, you'll also be able to catch them on Adult Swim Fix, Adult Swim's video site.
This should thrill folks my age who grew up with this cartoon, though I must admit that while I was aware of it as a kid, I don't think I ever watched a single episode. I guess this is my chance to see what all my friends loved so much about it. I'll just have to regress back to my eight year old self, which shouldn't be too difficult.
(S1E08) Eureka has taken several science fiction premises and brought them to life in new ways. This weeks Eureka revisits an old favorite, but only lets on to it just when you think it's something else. Aside from the nicely delivered plot, we're treated to loads of great character interaction. It's definitely a fun SciFi ride, especially if you've been following the show.
Video is embedded after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- X-Files @ NY Comic-Con: Chris Carter Reveals Why He Broke Up Mulder and Scully — 'They Had Difficulties'
- Ratings: Reign Returns Low But Steady
- Top TV Werewolves From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Vampire Diaries and More
- Shadowhunters @ NY Comic-Con: Premiere Date, 'Malec' Teases, Possible New Characters and More
- Last Kingdom Video: Rutger Hauer Stars in Downton EPs' New Series
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET