When Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was finally indicted and impeached, I breathed a sigh of relief and hoped that would be the last we would ever see of him.
Then I heard he might be coming back to haunt my TV like the ghost of an angry relative, and the nerves in my whole body stiffened. Would we once again have to spend all of our remaining TV time dodging the naysaying and the placating and the denying that is the Rod Blagojevich variety hour?
Then when I heard he was going to be on an NBC reality show, I again breathed a sigh of relief, comforted by the fact that no one would see him.
Then a few nights ago, Blagojevich and his hair appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman to clear his name, which is hard to ask people to do when they can't even say it without spraining their tongue.
Blagojevich's appearance on Letterman crossed a line that shouldn't even had to have been drawn for him. And now, he must be stopped.
Governor Blagojevich is nuts. Blame it on his flimsy grasp of reality or his hard-hat like haircut, the current (for how long, who knows) governor of Illinois is not quite there. How do we know this? Well, rather than appearing at his own impeachment trial he's decided to let the good citizens of the U.S. know that he's being railroaded by his own government via various media outlets.
The other determining factor on his nuttiness...he was considering naming Oprah Winfrey as Barack Obama's replacement to the U.S. Senate. Now, while Oprah is a respectable personality who has done much good for people around the globe, she is in no way qualified to become a U.S. Senator. I know that some of you Oprahites would heartily disagree with this, but even you know, deep down inside, that giving Oprah a Senate seat would not be a good idea.
And, frankly, I think Oprah would agree with you.
Oh, and let's not forget the Governator, Arnold Schwarzenegger from the great state of California. In other words, why not Senator Fran Drescher!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bones Enlists 24's Kim Raver to Find an MIA Booth — FIRST LOOK
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 First Look: Who's the (New) Boss?
- Hand of God: 5 Things to Know About Amazon's Dark Look at Faith
- Ratings: Carmichael Rises, Extant Dips
- Bloodline Season 2: Birdman Actress Joins Cast as New Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- Anne Hathaway, 32, on Losing Roles to Younger Actresses: 'Why Did That 24-Year-Old Get That Part?'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Ellen Pompeo Gets Naked and Is Moving on After McDreamy's Death!
- Ariana Grande Tweets, Then Deletes, Details About Her New Album
- Idris Elba Has the Perfect Response to Being Called 'Too Street' to Play James Bond
- Garth Brooks Records Star-Studded Remake of 'Friends in Low Places' With Jason Aldean, Keith Urban and More
- More From ET