(S03E13) It's a cold Friday, December 13, 1963. The President's been killed and the world as Don Draper knows it has pretty much fallen apart. For most of the season, the ground has been shifting under Don's feet and he's be holding on, trying to right himself and his life. He's tried with Betty. He's tried for Sally and Bobby and Gene -- at least as much as Don is able to try.
With Conrad Hilton he's never been on a level playing field, and from the moment he was forced to sign the contract, Sterling Cooper has not been his domain as it had been. With this episode, this season finale, all was changed and, perhaps, all has been righted. More after the jump.
FOX has ordered up a new batch of American Dad episodes for the 2008-09 season, according to a statement released by FOX today.
I'm happy to see the series return, though I'm not surprised it did. It has been getting great ratings in all the right demographics, and I think its quality has improved considerably throughout this last season. When it began, it seemed a bit too much like Family Guy (both series were created by Seth MacFarlane), but over time I think American Dad has slowly developed a voice all its own, with more emphasis on plot rather than the "anything goes" cartoon style of Family Guy. It's easy to compare the two shows because the character designs are similar, but I think that's where the similarities end.
But FOX has given the green light for 22 more episodes for the 2007-08 season. In fact, the show will probably get better ratings this fall, as it moves into the time slot right after The Simpsons.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'Dance Moms' Preview: Kalani's Mom Invites a New Dance Coach to the ALDC
- 'Scream' Review: Does MTV's New Slasher Series Live Up to the Movie Franchise?
- 'Zoo' Review: A New Summer Drama That Leaves Something to Be Desired
- 'RHONYC' Marks 100th Episode with Epic Meltdown
- Is Gretchen Rossi Returning to 'The Real Housewives of Orange County'
- More From BuddyTV
- Blind Item: Will This Be the Fall's Most Divisive Television Event?
- Ratings: Whispers Slips to Season Lows
- Fall TV: NCIS vs. Stamos vs. Muppets, and Tuesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Outlander Casts Harry Potter Actress as Season 2's Mother Hildegarde
- Wayward Pines Video: Will Kate Help Ethan Defuse an Explosive Situation?
- More From TVLine
- NSFW! Chrissy Teigen Goes Topless for 'W,' Fights With Instagram to Post It
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out In NYC Wearing Figure-Hugging Black Bandage Dress
- 13 Hollywood Hotties Who Should Bring Their Magic to the Next 'Magic Mike'
- Double Take! Kris Jenner Copies Justin Bieber's Style!
- Lori Loughlin Shows Off Amazing Abs at 50
- More From ET