(S03E13) It's a cold Friday, December 13, 1963. The President's been killed and the world as Don Draper knows it has pretty much fallen apart. For most of the season, the ground has been shifting under Don's feet and he's be holding on, trying to right himself and his life. He's tried with Betty. He's tried for Sally and Bobby and Gene -- at least as much as Don is able to try.
With Conrad Hilton he's never been on a level playing field, and from the moment he was forced to sign the contract, Sterling Cooper has not been his domain as it had been. With this episode, this season finale, all was changed and, perhaps, all has been righted. More after the jump.
FOX has ordered up a new batch of American Dad episodes for the 2008-09 season, according to a statement released by FOX today.
I'm happy to see the series return, though I'm not surprised it did. It has been getting great ratings in all the right demographics, and I think its quality has improved considerably throughout this last season. When it began, it seemed a bit too much like Family Guy (both series were created by Seth MacFarlane), but over time I think American Dad has slowly developed a voice all its own, with more emphasis on plot rather than the "anything goes" cartoon style of Family Guy. It's easy to compare the two shows because the character designs are similar, but I think that's where the similarities end.
But FOX has given the green light for 22 more episodes for the 2007-08 season. In fact, the show will probably get better ratings this fall, as it moves into the time slot right after The Simpsons.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- Sneak Peek: Backstrom Reveals He's Been Bullied... and 'Squirreled'?
- TVLine Items: A Most Devious Return, J.K. Simmons' SNL Promos and More
- Grey's Anatomy: Shonda Rhimes on MerDer's 'Intense' Obstacles, Two Docs''Wonderful Journey' and More
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner's Gender Expression Reportedly Fueled 'Massive Arguments' With Kris Jenner
- FLASHBACK: A Chubby-Checked Elijah Wood Wants to Study the Sea
- FLASHBACK: Keri Russell on 'Felicity' Fame: 'Everyone Kind of Wants a Piece of You'
- Watch This Teacher and His Students Perform an Entire Dance Routine to 'Uptown Funk'
- From Beyoncé to Taylor Swift, Sam Smith's Love for Pop's Greatest Divas
- More From ET